Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

"Possible Icy Roads".... argh!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 04:36 AM
hex
Default "Possible Icy Roads".... argh!

i am dreading the coming of winter and freezing temperatures. of course i know it is going to be freak'n COLD! and of course i know the roads will be slippery and icy!!!! but I DON'T NEED TO BE REMINDED EVERY FREAK'N TIME I START MY OUTIE!!!!

does anybody know how to DISABLE this annoying feature???

thanks in advance! oh, and be careful driving because my outie just told me the roads may be icy AGAIN!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Default RE: "Possible Icy Roads".... argh!

HAHAHAHA I dealt with it all last winter and it has started telling me again this winter. Its a safety feature built in that you would have to reprogram the computer to make it stop. Atleast it only dings on for 2 seconds and goes away, I kind of like it..... because it makes me take a look at the temp to check if its 32 or below. Then I know there could be black ice and I drive alittle more careful.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:56 AM
tcp

For the next 5-6 months here in Calgary, it WILL be below freezing every day...I really don't need this annoying "feature" letting me know. I can feel it as soon as I step outside, thanks. Between the low temp announcement and the "TPMS service required" warning(winter wheels installed), I would almost like the info system disabled altogether.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:55 AM

I really like this feature, I travel a lot from Miami, FL to NC.My last refuel isusually somewere in GA, so the temperatures there might be around60, driving non stop to NC some times you fail to notice that the temperature will drop about 30 degrees.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:59 AM

I'm waiting for the sensor to warn me when there is a car coming towards me in the other direction and that I shouldn't hit it.

+1 that this is an annoying sensor that goes off every day here in VT!

Old 11-19-2007, 11:10 AM

Mine goes off if the temp hits 36 deg or below...I dont think its that bad.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:35 AM

I think it'd be much more useful it it at least put a tiny icon of a snowflake next to the temperature display (like the Navigation Info Display does) rather than beep at you every time then disappear completely...

As for disabling the entire info display, too bad it also has your fuel meter -- thats how they get ya! What about finding the speaker and just disabling all audible tones?

Old 11-19-2007, 01:16 PM

For those of you that experience bellow freezing temps everyday I can see how this can be an anoyance. I was joking to my wife the other day about these warnings, I told her this car is so smart that it will give you a warning letting you know "you have crashed" if you ever got into an accident. LOL, she was amazed @ how advanced this technology was. hehehe.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:50 PM

The magic number on mine is 37 degrees. If I park in the garage, it goes off about 3 minutes later..by that time, I'd know if it's icy or not.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:13 PM

This "feature" is easily the worst. My Mini does it too, and it's usually about 5 minutes into my drive. When I hear that chime, my heart always skips a beat thinking something is wrong. Both the Mini and the XL-7 do it, and it's always driven me nuts. Like I need my car to tell me it's cold outside. If someone can figure this one out - super duper.

Quick Reply: "Possible Icy Roads".... argh!