Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

*Please Help* (FAST Key Wont Start)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Default *Please Help* (FAST Key Wont Start)

Hello Every! Today, I was messing around with the Outie. I sat inside the car, locked it with the fob. Few seconds later, I open the door, and of course, the alarm when off. So I just push the "lock" on the fob, and it stopped the alarm. However, after that, I can't turn the "Plasic Key" on the car to start. It was locked of something?? Try many times, no luck. But it will start with the actual key.

Manuel said --> Problem - "Won't turn from Lock to ACC??" Push Igition, then turn steering wheel in both direction. Try again.

That didn't work too. So I have no idea what it is. I don't know it is the alarm I mess with, or the steering wheel lock. I never had this problem. I did the same thing with the alarm months ago, and this didn't happen.

Anyone know whats the problem? Anyone had this same problem before??

(I havn't change the oil yet, but soon. It ask me to service for almost 2 weeks, everytime you start the car. I'm very sure it may not be this, but could it be that I didn't service it, and it locked itself?? {Sounds Stupid, LOL})

Thanks
ShortyRiderrrr

Old 05-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Default RE: *Please Help* (FAST Key Wont Start)

Hi,
maybe battery in fast key death ?
can you still lock and unlock the car with the Lock unlock button on the fast key ?
Also to start the car with-out the fast key, you HAVE to remove the key, and use the Fast Device as a Andel, ( im french ),
like the FAst key will go inside the hole of the fast key and you can put the key and use the fast key as a Andel.
lol
Handel ?
( poigner ) lol

with only the key alone, the car will not start,

Old 05-25-2008, 03:41 PM

I'm sure that the battery on the is fine. The car still Locks and Unlocks perfectly fine.
Yes I have the Fast Key fob in the car when I'm using the actual key

Thanks
ShortyRiderr

Old 05-25-2008, 06:12 PM

hi
the key have to be like that.
juste the key alone will not start the car, even if the key is on the car,
you need to have the key like the picture
i know that look stupid but its write on the manual.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:04 PM

Hey Armymen, I believe that your key on the picture is the 2008 model. I own a 07' so is different. The 2007 key, you can just use without the fob I believe, because is just a indepent key itself.

Anyone know whats my Outie's Problem. =(

Old 05-25-2008, 08:13 PM

a ok,
can i have pic of that key ?

Are your Stering weel is lock ?
maybe the mecanisme for the locking device is broke, maybe you should call the dealer
let me know im curious

Old 05-25-2008, 10:14 PM

Ok, so you can't start the car without inserting the actual key? But you can still use the fob to open the doors?

It sounds like you might have accidentially set something. If you have the MMCS, you might want to look at the settings for the door locks, because there is a setting that will allow you to use the fob to unlock the doors, but not to start the car. If you don't have the MMCS, then you should take it to the dealer, they should be able to figure it out. You could also try unhooking the battery for a few minutes, this might reset something. If nothing else, take it to the dealer.

Hope this helps...

Old 05-26-2008, 11:14 AM

I have an '07 so I know what your fob looks like. I belive your fob fell victim of a error in the code. I remember someone a few months ago had a similar problem, but he may not of been able to use the fob to lock/unlock or start at all.

There is a code that matches the FAST fob to the car. From this other persons situation it sounds like the codes can get mixed or lost...?? Resulting ina need for the dealer to reprogram the FAST fob to the car again. Hope this helps.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:33 AM

have you tried driving the vehicle with the key in and then turning it off and then trying with the fob. Otherwise, I think the others are correct and you need to reset the system.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:57 PM

This sounds like another BAD FAST KEY.

I had that problem before, only that I had to use my 'key' key for everything. The second time around the dealer actually gave me a brand new one..... still waiting for this one to stop working.

good luck

Quick Reply: *Please Help* (FAST Key Wont Start)