Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

03 mitsu outlander performance parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Default 03 mitsu outlander performance parts

I have a 03 outlander xls awd I have the 2.0 sohc 2.4l motor. Any aftermarket parts for this motor. I read on one outlander they used a few parts from the lancer EVO. Internal parts. Any ideas

Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Trijinx
I have a 03 outlander xls awd I have the 2.0 sohc 2.4l motor. Any aftermarket parts for this motor. I read on one outlander they used a few parts from the lancer EVO. Internal parts. Any ideas
Uhh... 2.0 SOHC 2.4L? What's the 2.0 stand for?

The new Lancer Sportback uses the 2.4 motor, I believe, and there should be/will be a decent aftermarket for that model. You might be able to interchange some parts with no, or minimal, modifications.

How much gain and cost are you looking for here? Also, what is your skill level? You could get the ECU software and either tune it yourself or see if anyone here or elsewhere on the web has a flash that you could have.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:25 AM

opps 2.0 haha that's in my dodge neon!! i did mean the 2.4l Sohc. and im not on a budget as much power as i can get outa this motor is what im shooting for. My skill level is pretty good to. I've had my share of fun working on these types of motors.

Last edited by Trijinx; 12-16-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:42 AM

I'd imagine the Lancer forums will get you all the info you need to rig up a custom turbo setup. As long as the trans can support it or be built and you have $5k laying around you could easily get over the 300WHP mark.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:38 PM

Custom Turbo? 5K WOW...Well i just did a Turbo search for the outlander..Says here on this website 03 Mitsubishi Outlander 4G64 2.4L SOHC T3/T4 Turbo Kit with Turbonetics Turbo Charger - FastWayRacer.Com that it only a cost of $1,649.99 Is this a good Turbo setup? It also says this
Customers require upgrade the fuel pump, injector and ECU to tune the car Think that a lancer pump and injector would support this as for ECU Flash it? or swap out

Old 12-21-2012, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Trijinx
Custom Turbo? 5K WOW...Well i just did a Turbo search for the outlander..Says here on this website 03 Mitsubishi Outlander 4G64 2.4L SOHC T3/T4 Turbo Kit with Turbonetics Turbo Charger - FastWayRacer.Com that it only a cost of $1,649.99 Is this a good Turbo setup? It also says this
Customers require upgrade the fuel pump, injector and ECU to tune the car Think that a lancer pump and injector would support this as for ECU Flash it? or swap out
First things I noticed:

Instruction is not included. Professional installation is highly recommended!
"Universal piping kit" That equals one thing - a gigantic pain in the ***. They give you a bunch of pipe and you have to create your own bends and layout. Add several hours worth of work and a LOT of taking the engine bay apart. If you have a mandrel pipe bender, Add time and frustration only. If you don't have access to a bender, Add $1000+ for pro install.

Turbo flange is not welded. If you don't have a welder you'll now need to pay to have this welded to a downpipe, and then most likely a full new exhaust system. Add $500-$1000

Fuel pump - honestly, an '03 probably wouldn't hurt from a fuel system service anyways, but add in a couple hundred for an upgraded pump plus a couple hundred for install - I'd imagine $400-$600 w/ pro install. Half that if you DIY but that's a total guess.

ECU tuning add at LEAST $200 for cables and software, then add in several hundred more for dyno time. Who will tune it? Are you willing to risk blowing the motor because you ran it too lean or pushed too much boost?

What are you doing for an intake? Using the stock airbox? If not, add either $200+ for a CAI or rig up your own.

Now lets recap:
$750ish for full exhaust and DP
$500ish for fuel system upgrade
$200ish for ECU software
$400 for dyno tune (BEST case scenario - most likely a lot more)
$200 for CAI

So IF you install it all yourself, that's $1650 for the kit plus $2050 for the listed stuff above totaling $3,700.

Now, let's add in the little stuff. Hose clamps for OEM hoses that you move to install this, new hoses to update the worn/old coolant hoses, basic maintenance and tune up stuff like timing belt, transfer case fluid change, coolant flush, oil change (and adding more oil to support the turbo). Easily adding a couple hundred bucks. $200

Almost at $4 grand and you haven't even touched the trans, which will almost undoubtedly need to be beefed up.

I'm NOT trying to dissuade you from doing this, in fact, I'd LOVE to read a build thread and see all the pictures, but I feel like you're under estimating the task ahead of you. Sure, I may have over shot a few prices, or listed a few items you might not need, but I'm sure I under shot a few prices as well, and I'm sure there's stuff I didn't list that you will need, so it balances out.

So again, I'm not bashing this idea or trying to rain on your parade, I just don't want you to blow $1,650 on a turbo kit and then be up ****s creek when the other stuff starts adding up and you can't finish your build.