Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

04 outlander Engin Check Error (p0155 O2 Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Default 04 outlander Engin Check Error (p0155 O2 Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1)

Hi everyone
2days ago while starting my car in the morning I noticed the check engine light is turned on and refuses to goes off, well I took the car to check on that error and it showed
P0155 O2 HEATER CIRCUIT BANK 2 SENSER 1

well I did some online searching and most of the topics saying I have to check the wires and the voltages coming to the wire should be 12V, and see if wires are melted or not, and finally replacing the sensor.

Well the wires doesn't look like they melted or anything I haven't checked the voltage yet but now what I need to know is where and how can I locate that sensor 1?

I saw there is 4 sensors 2 upward just opposite to the radiator where the exhaust pipes joining and going down wards and there is another 2 downwards just opposite the other 2 but from down side.

Well again and for making it clear am driving Airtrik 2004 which is exactly similar to outlander 2004 2.4L its 2WD and right handed driver side

Thanks for all your inputs

Old 06-22-2013, 06:02 AM

Any help will be appreciated....

Old 01-02-2015, 08:38 PM

Front = upstream
Rear = downstream
Right =passenger
Left = driver
That is the correct Denso part # you have for the front/passenger position.

Densos are a bit more expensive, but worth it for the longevity.
I just replace all four on my '02 Monty.

Dousing the old sensor threads with PB Blaster multiple times over the course of a couple of days helps heaps before the removal day.
Using a 22mm open end wrench worked a treat.
Tapping the end of the wrench with a hammer helped break the sensor free.
Be careful of the downstream driver sensor (the one in the cat.) The female threads in the cat. can get mangled easily. If you do need to retap the treads it's an 18mm/1.25 tap.

Good Luck

Last edited by Mr. Z.; 04-12-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Mr. Z.View Public ProfileSend a private message to Mr. Z.Send email to Mr. Z.Find all posts by Mr. Z.Add Mr. Z. to Your Contacts