Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

04 Outlander Heat Blower out but thats not all.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Unhappy 04 Outlander Heat Blower out but thats not all.....

04 awd w/ 145k. Had it inspected yesterday and all was fine. Got home and a few hours later I went out and the fan selector would not turn the blower on. Not only that but the defrost button for the rear defroster wont light up, the a/c light wont come one when pressed. Same with the recirc button. Any ideas??? I checked all the fuses and there all ok. Puzzled at the moment.....

Last edited by Robert Poteete; 12-19-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: My finger have a mind of their own....
Old 12-19-2013, 10:24 AM

It sounds electrical...Did you check both the fuses inside the cabin AND under the hood?
Don't know enough about the '04 to give you any specifics... What actual fuses did you check?

It's also possible the climate control switch module has failed... The whole control panel with the dials and buttons on it may need to be replaced or it's connector could have come loose... but I would make sure you check all the possible fuses first.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:58 AM

I checked just about every
fuse in the car. Pulling the cc panel is next....

Old 12-19-2013, 12:33 PM

As long as you checked them with a continuity meter and you checked both the cabin box and the engine box and they are all good I don't have any better suggestions for you than to check the connector at the back of the CC module and possibly replace it.

If no one comes up with anything better and you have to replace it check eBay or a local scrap yard and you will get the part for a lot cheaper than buying it new at a stealership.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:12 AM

Have lights on cc unit. Replaced all fuses. Pulled cc unit all seems well....

Old 12-20-2013, 08:44 AM

It's it working now?

Old 12-21-2013, 06:06 AM

No. All looks fine but not working.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Poteete
04 awd w/ 145k. Had it inspected yesterday and all was fine. Got home and a few hours later I went out and the fan selector would not turn the blower on. ..
I have two qestions:

1. Just exactly why did you have the vehicle "inspected"?

2. Was "all fine" with heater controls before you "had it inspected"?

If your answer to number 2 is "yes", then I stongly suspect that whoever did the "inspection" did a bit more than inspect.

If you answer to 1 is that you took it in for inspection because of the controls not working and whatever was causing it was fixed, and then you came home and hours later the controls failed to work again, then I suggest you take it back to the place that "fixed" the problem and have them "fix" it again, only this time, permanently.

Either way, the person/place that you took it to has got something to do with either causing, or failing to adequately address, the problem.

Good luck. When it's fixed properly, please report back what the problem was.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:40 AM

You said you have lights on it...does that mean the a.c. recirc etc light up now when you press them?

There's also some relays involved in that system did you check them?

Old 12-22-2013, 07:14 AM

Only the lights for illumination when head lights are on. The inspection was a yearly inspection so I can get my tags renewed. Everything was fine b4. But all the do is plug in to the obd and scan for codes. The rest is safety related. Yes all was fine b4. I check all around port for wire issues but found nothing out of place.

Last edited by Robert Poteete; 12-22-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Quick Reply: 04 Outlander Heat Blower out but thats not all.....