Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 interior lighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Default RE: 07 interior lighting

I just ordered Red LEDs for my XLS ordered them from Motoring Max

Parts Numbers from Order and Prices Below:
Front / Mid / Rear
JDM D31mm LED bulbs - Brillant Red $9.99 (ordered 2 sets total of 4 bulbs)*
*Just incase I dont like the look of the red or they are not bright enough I also ordered them in Xenon White

License Plate
JDM T10 LED - Xenon White $9.99

They are shipping next day and they have already shipped so I expect they will be here tomorrow Ill post pics and review of how things look with the red bulbs.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:02 PM

If anybody want the Mitsu. LEDs such as these ones:

The part number is: MZ590788 , it may also list as MZ590790

If your dealer doesn't have it you may have to go to http://www.japanparts.com/

and order them there

Old 09-11-2008, 02:34 PM

Shambala, great info, but the site that you mention not has them in existence. Do you purchases to them?

Old 09-11-2008, 03:07 PM

Hi jsrd,

You have to e-mail them and ask them for a price quote. They will order the part for you and ship it to your home.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:13 PM

Ahh, now I understand. Thanks for your response Shambala [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-12-2008, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: azchipka

They are shipping next day and they have already shipped so I expect they will be here tomorrow Ill post pics and review of how things look with the red bulbs.

Will be interesting for me to see as look your leds, so your photos will be helpful. . .

Old 09-12-2008, 11:00 AM

During my install of the LEDs in my car I noticed something interesting the lights on the underside of my passenger seats don't seem to work with the cargo area lights. Anyone know if these are supposed to function on the same switch as the cargo area overhead. These are Single bulb lights, thinking of also replacing them with LED's anyone know the part number by any chance?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 AM

Just finished changing over to red LEDS. Will post pictures this evening once it gets dark of how they look at night for the time being heres the DYI directions with photos that someone had asked for.

DYI Directions for Change over with Photos of Red LED lighting.

These directions cover the replacement of the interior lights as well as the replacement of the License plate lighting. For this project I am changing all lights over to LEDs using Red ones for the interior and Xenon Whites for the interior.

You will need a number of items to complete the process:
Small flat head screw driver
2 Bulbs for the License Plate Area size 2825/W5W/194/Wedge type
Quick Purchase: here price $9.99 for a pair
4 Bulbs for the Interior Area size 3022/31 mm/Festoon type
Quick Purchase: here price $9.99 for a pair

The quick purchase links above are from where I purchased mine and they shipped immediately and I had my bulbs in less then 48 hours. This was also one of the cheaper locations I found compared to $14.99 per bulb at most spots.

FRONT SEAT AREA
Step 1:
Using a small flate head screw drive gentle pop the covers off the lights. When you do this be careful not to bend the pins. If you do bend the clips then gentle bend the back into place. The ones in quest are the interior side one (closest to the sunroof controls).

Step 2:
TURN OFF THE LIGHT SO YOU DONT ZAP YOURSELF

Step 3:
Remove old bulbs put in new bulbs. Turn on the lights to ensure that they work before replacing the cover. If they don’t work more then likely you can resolve this by removing the bulbs and rotating them 180 degrees. Remember to face the LED bulbs down to allow for the most amount of light in the cabin.

Step 4:
Replace the covers, the interior side (closest to sunroof controls) goes in first.

Step 5:
Test the lights

BULB COMPARE

One Red LED and 1 Standard Bulb

One Red LED / 1 Xenon White LED

2 RED LED’s

SECOND ROW AND CARGO AREA LIGHTS

Step 1:
Using a small flat head screw driver remove the cover using the slot show below:

Step 2:
Follow seam method used in front seat for bulb install

Step 3:
Replace cover and test. Cover should be replace with the edge furthest from the control being inserted first.

LICENSE PLATE BULB REPLACEMENT
Make note in some states it is illegal to use colored bulbs on the exterior of the car. In Vermont for example the use of Red or Blue lights on the exterior of a car is illegal as these colors are reserved for Emergency Personal. Even if you have a light permit as a Emergency Responder they are only allowed to be used when in route to a scene. As a result you can not use full time colored lights in VT. Check local laws before adding colored lights on the exterior of your car.

Step 1:
Remove the light housing from the frame. To do this push the light housing to the left and you rotate down from the right side. The housing should easily come out.

Step 2:
Remove the housing cover using a flat head screw driver.

Step 3:
Replace old bulb with new bulb.

Step 4:
TEST. If new bulb doesn’t work work remove bulb and rotate 180 degrees as your contacts are most likely reversed.

Step 5:
Replace cover and reinsert housing into frame. Left Side goes in first. Push to left and then insert right side housing will slide back into place.

License Plate Bulb compare:

Old 09-12-2008, 02:51 PM

Good work and has good look; I like the xenon white LED. Do you have a similar intensity illumination like OEM bulb?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:54 PM

Not sure yet Ill let you know how the lighting level is once its gets dark out ill take some new photos that show there brightness at night.

Quick Reply: 07 interior lighting