Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 OUTI LS After market fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Default 07 OUTI LS After market fog lights?

I was debating whether or not to buy the mitsu fog lights for $300 or get any aftermarketones ( if there are any that will fit this car?) any input and or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Default RE: 07 OUTI LS After market fog lights?

just depends on whether or not you want the kit thats made just for your car,
or you are skilled enough, and enjoy the challenge of installing stuff yourself.

the factory lights are nice, but not bright enough for me.
other than that, they are great.

also, does the factory one use the light stalk on the steering column, or does it have a switch...?
if it has a secondary switch, you might as well go with the aftermarket ones, cheaper, brighter, and most likely less complicated to install

Old 02-21-2007, 08:10 PM

Yeah I know what you mean about the stock ones not being bright enough. I've seen them on the street here in Jacksonville NC and they have not cought my attention. Also I would think they use a switch since they would have to replace the light stalk other wise. I do however want something functional(BRIGHT) but dont want to make major mods to makethe after market onesfit. SO if any one out there has done this on the 2nd gen outies let me know.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:42 PM

**bump**
sorry din't wana start another thread, does any one know of a good aftermarket fog lights store were they might sell something that can fit the fog light housing of our 07's?

Old 02-27-2007, 09:00 PM
JMC

I've seen some good stuff on EBay believe it or not....

Old 02-27-2007, 09:26 PM

yeah I've checked ebay, andthey have the stockers for $250-- pretty good!!, and some thing else called the bling lights..lol... dont know if I should trust this?? they only go for $70 I believe.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: soundcolor
I think that's the whole essence of the fog light. Being bright will defeat the work of penetrating the fog. If you observe being in a really thick fog with 5-8 meters visibility, try turning your headlamps on to high bright and the visibility drops to 1 meter. Unless you don't really want a fog light to work as a fog light, but as a secondary head lamp, which Mitsu never designed it to be like that at all.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
JMC

I'd only get HID fogs....I loved having that on my '03 Outlander.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

ORIGINAL: soundcolor
I think that's the whole essence of the fog light. Being bright will defeat the work of penetrating the fog. If you observe being in a really thick fog with 5-8 meters visibility, try turning your headlamps on to high bright and the visibility drops to 1 meter. Unless you don't really want a fog light to work as a fog light, but as a secondary head lamp, which Mitsu never designed it to be like that at all.
Yeah you are right about turning your high beams on when theres fog, it only blinds you that much more. The reason is not because they are bright, the reason is because high beams are aimed slightly higher than low beams, therefore the light reflects back at you from the fog and reducing visibility, this is why fog lights are placed at the lowest portion of a car, but I can assure you its got nothing to do with brightnes.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:26 PM

The reason the High beams work less effectively, and the whole point of fog lights, is to get the light beam closer to the ground, and pointed at the road. It makes no diffrence about how bright they are. Thus the reason that McCulluch, and Phillips sell HID, and XENON fog lamps.

Quick Reply: 07 OUTI LS After market fog lights?