Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007 | 04:10 PM
Default RE: 07 Outlander

I was reading through these posts and got further confused about the audio jacks. My question is: I have the LS but with the standard sound system, no navy or rockford, do I have the jack for the MP3 player? I've looked every were and canot see it. I was confused since on the mitsu web page it says ls and xls modesl have it, and some one else here said so also, so were is it???

Old 02-12-2007 | 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Yankees368

Yeah, I don't have that because I do not have the nav screen. That hook up is only if you have the nav screen. What I am talking about is that when I hold down the CD button for 3 seconds, my (REGULAR) radio displays AUX, which leads me to believe that there is an input somewhere, probably behind the radio.
I've seen the audio jacks in non-NAV Outlanders, but maybe you have to have the Rockford Fosgate Stereo.

I'm waiting for the dealer to get my fully loaded blue XLS. I can't wait.

Old 02-12-2007 | 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: crusher

ORIGINAL: Yankees368

Yeah, I don't have that because I do not have the nav screen. That hook up is only if you have the nav screen. What I am talking about is that when I hold down the CD button for 3 seconds, my (REGULAR) radio displays AUX, which leads me to believe that there is an input somewhere, probably behind the radio.
I've seen the audio jacks in non-NAV Outlanders, but maybe you have to have the Rockford Fosgate Stereo.

I'm waiting for the dealer to get my fully loaded blue XLS. I can't wait.
Yeah, i'm not using the Rockford Fosgate stereo. Someone find this damn thing!

Old 02-24-2007 | 07:20 PM

edit

Old 02-24-2007 | 09:38 PM

The Owner's Manual shows A/V jacks in two different locations, one set behind the center armrest console, the other set is located in the cubby hole in front of the shifter. From the drawing it looks like there is a cover on the center verticle wall of the cubby hole that flips open. My Nav equipped XLS only has A/V behind the center armrest console. Maybe the base models have them in the other location.

Old 02-24-2007 | 10:45 PM

I have an LS with the base audio system, there is a small jack sized cover in front of the shifter, but it cannot be opened, and there is no jack on the lower back of the center console either. I'm sure I dont have any audio in jacks of any sort on my base audio system. It is not a huge deal, I'll just get one of those radio transmitters for my zune, if it did have it though it would be a nice plus since audio quality is probably better than using a radio transmitter.

Old 02-28-2007 | 08:45 PM

Hey, I bought a new 2007 xls outlander a month ago. I didnt read all 6 pages but if you had any questions you can PM me or IM me on aol TenxSecondxGSX. I picked it over the rav4 and honda crv.

Old 02-28-2007 | 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: OTO27

I have an LS with the base audio system, there is a small jack sized cover in front of the shifter, but it cannot be opened, and there is no jack on the lower back of the center console either. I'm sure I dont have any audio in jacks of any sort on my base audio system. It is not a huge deal, I'll just get one of those radio transmitters for my zune, if it did have it though it would be a nice plus since audio quality is probably better than using a radio transmitter.
That's not for any A/V jack, but rather as a shifter lock for Outlanders in other market (Singapore, etc). This option however was not implemented for the US market.

Old 02-28-2007 | 09:49 PM
JMC

Still looking for what the hell that little input hole is under the Navi screen...what wha?

Old 02-28-2007 | 11:31 PM

This question has to be answered soon. I was just at a local dealer for the issue of the turning noise, and asked about the radio input. They had no idea what i was talking about and refered me to the owners manual. Sigh....

Quick Reply: 07 Outlander