Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

'07 Outlander Bluetooth Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Default '07 Outlander Bluetooth Question

So, I have a new Outlander LS, with the Sun/Sound and the Entertainment Package. It comes pre-wired for Bluetooth. How do I go about actually enabling it? Do I go to the dealer and they do it? Thanks in advance.

Alan

Old 02-19-2007, 06:02 AM
Default RE: '07 Outlander Bluetooth Question

I think you need to buy the Bluetooth kit and have it installed, ideally by the dealer, so you get full warranty.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:39 PM

Use the Bluetooth button on the steering wheel to start the voice instructions. When it asks for a pairing code you can pick any 4 numbers you want, then you punch those 4 numbers into your phone when it tells you to. Having owned mine for only 1 day I'm still learning, but I got to the point where I have entered a handful of contacts.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:49 PM
JMC

Make sure the bluetooth on yr phone is on and it's set to be seen by the Mitsu Bluetooth. Should take you all of 5 minutes to get going.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:44 PM

According to the website, the LShas the"Bluetooth Hands-Free phone pre-wire" and the XLShas the "Bluetooth Hands-Free phone interface with voice recognition." As I understand it, this means that I have to go to the dealer and have the interface installed. Dealer says $300. When I press any of the buttons on the steering wheel, there is no beep, no nothing. I don't think it's worth $300 plus labor. I suppose I'll figure something else out.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:55 AM

Dunno about that, my XLS was activated and ready from the start. You do have to turn your phone's bluetooth setting on if it isn't already set that way.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM

Thta's because LS doesn't come with the actual bluetooth module, just comes pre-wired. XLS on the other hand is all set to go. There are cheaper 100$+ car bluetooth handsfree systems being sold, that will either sit on your dash or hang from the visor. But if you ask me, in my XLS, the BT handsfree has been an indispensable feature. It makes the car a whole lot safer. So the 300$ price is really a question of need/want. BTW, are you getting the whole phone and fog accessory package, or just the BT. Because the BT/Fog pack is listed at 490$, so I figured if the dealer's offer is the whole BT/fog pack, 300$ sounds like a good deal actually.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:43 PM

I didn't even know that you could get dealer-installed fog lights after already purchasing the car. That might make it worth it to me. How would they be operated? Do they put in a different switch on the steering column or what?

Old 02-20-2007, 11:16 PM

you can only have foglights on the cars that do NOT have H.I.D headlights. If you have the H.I.Ds, the place where the foglights would go becomes your daytime running lights.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 AM

@Manybrews: I think he's got an LS, so that would mean he's got no HIDs.
@euler21: I think your car would have come pre-wired. It's supposed to be operated via the left lever switch where you control the headlights. If not, then the switch might come with the package to be installed by the dealer. What I suggested earlier is the fog/BT kit, and the dealer might not have offered you this but rather only the BT kit, please verify first. In case he meant to offer you the whole fog/BT pack, then that's a good deal. You can read on foglight operation on the manual, on my XLS manual it's on pg 3-185.

Quick Reply: '07 Outlander Bluetooth Question