Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 Outlander dash detailing solution

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Default 07 Outlander dash detailing solution

Hey all, I remember reading on here before about people having troubles with detailing their dash in the newer Outlanders. The problems i read had to do with streaking on the dash and not getting uniform coverage when using any sort of spray (armor all etc).

I just recently had a media control center installed in my Outie so that my Ipod is controlled through my factory deck and hidden away, as well as a USB input for thumb drives, and my satellite radio being directly wired rather than using a radio frequency. During this installation, the installer handled the dash quite a bit and left finger prints all over it. I want to wipe it down and try to clean it up but I want to be sure of what to use first.

Any suggestions? Just water? Armor All? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Default RE: 07 Outlander dash detailing solution

I use a 10:1 solution of water:woolite in a spray bottle. Doesn't streak up for me, and be sure to do it not in direct sunlight.

OT: is your factory deck the MMCS or is it the non-nav?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:05 AM

my deck is the non nav, single disc...

Old 06-26-2008, 01:56 PM

I thought you had found a solution for factory controls over the iPod with the Nav.

Did you try the water:woolite mixture?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:45 PM
tcp

I sometimes take my 3yo out to watch airplanes land and take off. He gets to eat muffins and things while out there while standing on the passenger seat and touching everything. I've found the best dash cleaner are alcohol based hand wipes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13018/3A2B7E395A5B4F72B1BE98A6E06C83B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-26-2008, 11:41 PM

I haven't tried it yet. What made you try Woolite in the first place?

My Ipod isn't the easiest to control through the existing deck, but it's not too bad. You can access playlists, or go through by artist, album, songs, or genre. The only problem is that the factory deck only has a display of about 10 characters for the IPOD, so it can get confusing with all the short forms. None the less, the ipod is out of sight, the USB is out of sight, and if I put in an MP3 disc along with those two things, I have about 10,000 songs at my fingertips...plus satellite radio. A jukebox in my vehicle!!

Old 06-28-2008, 10:19 AM

I found the water and woolite mixture on a detailing forum called Autopia. Lots of great information there if you want to make your car look good, but be warned. It can get expensive and very time consuming.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:45 PM

Best method I've tried is to apply the protectant with a foam wax applicator..and then after it dries, buff lightly with a microfiber

Old 06-28-2008, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: abrcrombe

I found the water and woolite mixture on a detailing forum called Autopia. Lots of great information there if you want to make your car look good, but be warned. It can get expensive and very time consuming.
I feel you pain!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:47 PM

There are 2 good products out there that restore the finish of the dash without making it shiny. Try Eagle 1 Nano Protectant or Armor All Natural Finish Detailer. The Eagle 1 is slightly more shiny. The Armor All Natural Finish adds no shine at all, it just restores the black color. Wipe with a micro fiber towel after applying.

Quick Reply: 07 Outlander dash detailing solution