Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 OutLander Transmission service / fluid

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Default 07 OutLander Transmission service / fluid

For 07 Outlannder, does HAS to use OEM / Mitsub spec. transmission fluid??[/align]I know Honda can NOT use other NON-HONDA transmission fluid[/align]

Old 08-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Default RE: 07 OutLander Transmission service / fluid

Mitsubishi came out with a new fluid for the 07 Outlander. It is Dia Queen ATF J2 and the part # is MZ313771. Only use this fluid. Do not us regular ATF from the store. It list for $9.15 a qt. and you should be able to get it at any Mitsu dealer.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Default RE: 07 OutLander Transmission service / fluid

Great info .. Thanks[/align]

Old 09-18-2009, 09:00 AM

sorry to bring up an old topic, but I'm at 40k miles. I got to thinking about transmission fluid and called them up to make sure that the 30k mile service was done before we bought it at 31k miles. Dealer manager said that tranny fluid was not done and that it is good until 45k miles.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by ccernst
sorry to bring up an old topic, but I'm at 40k miles. I got to thinking about transmission fluid and called them up to make sure that the 30k mile service was done before we bought it at 31k miles. Dealer manager said that tranny fluid was not done and that it is good until 45k miles.
I have a really good mechanic. And he's pretty straight up with me. He told me with mitsubishi's new transmission, It doesnt need to be service until 95k or 105k, cant remember. He also said that there's no filter needed to be change. The filter for the tranny is a metal screen and would just need to be cleaned off. All of this info is from the dealer. There's only one type of fluid to put inside the tranny and the Dealer is the only place to buy it.
Hope this helps

Old 02-14-2011, 08:59 AM

IMO, that's a pretty ballsy statement to make that you don't need to change your fluid until 95k to 105k miles. What is he judging that statement off of? I understand the no filter thing...I took ours to the dealer at 45k and said the fluid was done and was ready to be changed. They did a flush similar to the service manual and did not charge for any filter change...just fluid and time.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:03 AM

I took my 08 Outlander for transmission fluid change at a local dealership a couple of days ago. $130. Pretty reasonable.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ccernst
IMO, that's a pretty ballsy statement to make that you don't need to change your fluid until 95k to 105k miles. What is he judging that statement off of? I understand the no filter thing...I took ours to the dealer at 45k and said the fluid was done and was ready to be changed. They did a flush similar to the service manual and did not charge for any filter change...just fluid and time.

Like I said in my previous post, He called the dealer ship and asked them about that. He looked into a lot of things about the car and explained to me about it all. He Called the dealer up and they told him that it doesnt need to be serviced until 95K.... Machines get better with time. Like with everything else. As most of you know, the dealer will do anything you say you "may" need done to your car, if not more things you really dont. They get paid per job. if an oil change takes approx. 1 hour to do, they get paid for that hour altho it may take them REALLY 10 minutes to do. Its still charged like that in their system. Thats ONE reason why they take so long in dealer ship. they hafta take their time to make a check. if the system says it take 10 mins per oil change, they will need to do 6 oil changes to make up that hour of work. So all in all, if you want to do a transmission fluid change every 5,000 miles, mitsubishi will do it, if you're the one paying the bill. They wont care.

Will I wait til 95k for my transmission change? Yeck no, but you'll get the real answers once you find a good mechanic that knows about Newer cars and Newer transmission. Technology, it gets better with time. I hope you dont take any of this the wrong way, I'm just voicing my opinion and what I know/heard. Its a forum, its what its for.

Good luck bud.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by ruski
I took my 08 Outlander for transmission fluid change at a local dealership a couple of days ago. $130. Pretty reasonable.
Thats a very good price. I hear, the fluid alone is almost $10 a quart.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:23 PM

Stick around for a while...I continually to push people to work on their own vehicles. Unfortunately, Mitsubishi stuck us on the transmission. No compatible aftermarket fluids.

However, not sure what you mean about not taking it the wrong way after you make a strawman argument. You tout how great your mechanic is, then say you will not follow his advice on the one point of this thread.

So what dealership is the one that stated you can go 95k miles?

Quick Reply: 07 OutLander Transmission service / fluid