Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

07 vs 08 vs 09

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Default 07 vs 08 vs 09

Howdy,

I'm just wondering what the difference between the 07 is from the 08 from the 09 Outlanders (canadian models preferably). I'm currently in the market for an Outie, and I've found a few used 07s for some pretty good prices. The differences are probably minimal but I'm just wondering what they are exactly!

Thanks for any help.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Default RE: 07 vs 08 vs 09

07 and 08 are basically the same. 09 is pretty similar too, except for the luxury package, it receives auto lights and wipers, and a back-up camera with the nav system. There are more changes listed in a post farther back. As for the important things like the engine (U.S.) nothing changes

Old 12-22-2008, 11:12 AM

Which post are you referring to? The search function on this forum doesn't seem to be the best because it kept saying nothing found when i tried a variety of different searches...

Does anyone know if there's a mod or something you can buy to add the auto wiper features to the 07s or 08s?

Old 12-22-2008, 02:36 PM

welcome to the forum,

there's alot of info on here regarding the outlander you need to browse through it because the search can come up empty. the wiper mod has not been worked out as of yet but it has come up in discussion lately. they're is some differences in the wiring from year to year and also some cosmetics but the drivetrain is the same.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:31 PM

One suggestion: If you buy a used 07, or 08 make sure all TSB's that apply to the vehicle have been done. Actually this is good advice for any used vehicle you may buy.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:25 PM

First of all this is for the US models:
Basically there are very minimal differences between the models. Mostly aesthetic changes with some tech stuff.They did add more engine/package options after the 07 model.

From 07 to 08: http://www.autospectator.com/cars/mo...ishi-outlander
- Added different interior door panels that matched the dash better, and some 08's received chrome interior door handles
- 7-spoke rims available along with the original 5-spoke rims
- Later 08's came with heated side mirrors.
- An ES trim (2.4L CVT)
- SE (special edition) trim, which has a little different guage face, it has some blue on it. Also has chrome side mirrors, a new side step garnish that is chrome (not an actual step though), Chrome interior and exterior door handles.
- Diamond Lane guidence for navigation (HOV lanes). Can upgrade 07 with nav update disc.
- V6 Emblem
- 3rd row seat is available on other trims other than XLS
- FAST key available on more trims

From 08 to 09:
- Back-up camera as an option. But they now sell it as a kit for the 07-08 to be added to the MMCS (Nav).
- New silver/chrome plate that surrounds the automatic shifter
- Auto lights
- Auto wipers
- Auto dimmer for rearview mirror
- Upgraded 40 gig hard drive for MMCS
- Can now rip mp3 to hard drive

Probably some more. I'll add more as people *remind* me

Old 12-22-2008, 05:45 PM

Wow thanks tdford! That's a great list there. The auto functions are pretty nice in the 09, but I'm sure eventually there'll be some mods to do them for the 08s and 07s...I hope. I think I'm going to be getting a new 08, since they have that 0% financing for 72 months offer...pretty hard to beat that when you have no cash available (stupid market!). Hopefully more mods will be coming out soon to bring the 09 features to the 08 model!

Old 12-23-2008, 03:24 PM

I'll build a bit on TDford, and add some Canadian touchs.

07 to 08
no 7 spoke rims available in canada
heated mirrors have been standard on all canadian models since 07
no SE trim in Canada
no more tonneau cover in the XLS, standard in 07
FAST key is smaller

08 to 09
Heated seats on all models
Shifter paddles on the LS
Tonneau cover standard on XLS again

Old 12-24-2008, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: tdford

- Back-up camera as an option. But they now sell it as a kit for the 07-08 to be added to the MMCS (Nav).
I'm a few days away from getting my 08 Outie XLS (no nav)! I was wondering where I could find this kit. And could I add this kit to an aftermarket nav? I'm interested in getting the Kenwood DNX8120 which has a TON of awesome features.

Thanks!

Old 12-26-2008, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: tareks

I'm a few days away from getting my 08 Outie XLS (no nav)! I was wondering where I could find this kit. And could I add this kit to an aftermarket nav? I'm interested in getting the Kenwood DNX8120 which has a TON of awesome features.

Thanks!
You can get it from your dealer obviously, or from our VERY helpful mitsupartsman: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...amp;startrow=6

This kit is to plug in directly to the stock nav (MMCS). Im not for sure if its possible to be used on aftermarket nav. Id have to say maybe.