Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

'08 Outlander-Headlight plus Radio confusion.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Default '08 Outlander-Headlight plus Radio confusion.

Hi guys,

Ok, I am confused over some features. I have an '08 XLS 2wd, base radio.

First, the radio. I have cd's burned as data cd's and audio cd's. I am using Roxio Easy CD creator, I don't have the "mp3 cd" option. The cd's load and play fine. It's just when I try to use the "random" mode, it doesn't work. The manual differentiates between cd and mp3 cd random mode, you have to push and hold the random button for mp3 cd's. I tried doing that for both types of cd's and still won't play in random mode. Neither the mp3 (which I have burned as data) or the music cd will play in random mode.

Second, the headlights! Yes, I have searched and I am still a bit lost. I have figured out there is no auto on headlights, just auto off. I understand in the "off" position, just the DRL's are on. In the middle position, the DRL's are on, plus parking, tail, front/rear side markers, license plate and instrument panel. Top position headlights are on. If you have the switch in the middle position, the instrument panel is difficult to see in daylight. In the off position, it is easy to see.
So my question is what position do you guys use on the headlight switch? Also, when you do use the top most position, the headlights AND the DRL's are on together, correct? I know this sounds very confusing, sorry!

Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Default RE: '08 Outlander-Headlight plus Radio confusion.

Hi Emil, I don't know what to tell you about the CD question you have but for the headlight question I leave My headlight switch always ON when i turn my outie off the headlight shut off and when i start the outie they turn on just my prefrence

Old 01-02-2008, 11:23 AM

I have the hid lights and I only turn them on when its night. When you turn on the hid your foglights turn off automatically.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 PM

I still haven't been able to use the "random" mode. Do any of you have the same problem as me or does your random mode work fine?

Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 PM

Hi guys,

Hate to keep on bringing this subject up, just want to know if I have a problem with my stereo or I am doing something wrong. I have the base stereo, '08 XLS. My random function doesn't work on the stereo. I have tried using cd's I have been burned and store bought cd's. I insert the cd, press RDM button, but still the cd tracks will not play in a random order. Any ideas?

Old 02-17-2008, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Emil
Hate to keep on bringing this subject up, just want to know if I have a problem with my stereo or I am doing something wrong. I have the base stereo, '08 XLS. My random function doesn't work on the stereo. I have tried using cd's I have been burned and store bought cd's. I insert the cd, press RDM button, but still the cd tracks will not play in a random order. Any ideas?
Does it work for other CD's? If it doesn't work for any CD's, then it is most likely the stereo, if it is just that CD (or others burned from your computer) then it most likely doesn't like how you are burning them. I can't say anything for sure, because I have the MMCS, but try playing a bought CD and see if it does the same thing, this should give you your answer.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:09 PM

I tried an original cd bought from a store also, still doesn't work.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 PM

I went to the dealer today. It turns out you have to let the cd advance the song automatically to use the random mode. You can't use the forward button, you have to let the song play all the way to the end, then it will randomly play another track. Dumb design.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:17 PM

OKAY Emil press random first and then put the CD in? it might work like that.

Headlights:

the middle button is for tail light and if you go toswitch up. that's the regular headlights on.

there is no auto off on the headlight because you already have the Day light running lights On all the time. why need a Auto shut off if you have DRL on all the time.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:27 PM

Actually, with the HID's (and maybe the regular headlights, I don't know) if you have the head lights on, turn off the car, and then open the door, the lights shut off within 2 seconds. And then when you turn the car on, the lights come back on.

I personally use this feature if I am going several places at night, so I don't always have to turn off and on the lights, but I find that during the day, having the lights on dims the interior lights too much so that I can't see the radio, plus you alreadyhave the DRL's, so there really isn't a need for headlights during the day.

Quick Reply: '08 Outlander-Headlight plus Radio confusion.