Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

'10 Outlander GT, random ASC/4WD service light

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Question '10 Outlander GT, random ASC/4WD service light

Hello,

This is my second winter with my 10 GT with 45k miles on it. I would say during 80% of my drives my skid light, service ASC and 4wd light comes on at some point during the drive.

I noticed this originally happened when the air temp was between 32 and 42 and humidity was very high, or it was raining/sleeting. I would be on interstate after driving for 10min and it would just ding on and flash. I have never experienced a service engine light, or went into a limp mode. I can drive normal speeds, i just have no asc or 4wd. usually for the commute home it would do the same if conditions were the same. I'm in north dakota, so we get very cold. Last winter when the temps dropped below 32F for good during the winter i experienced very little of this problem.

However this winter it has become much more frequent, 80% of drives i would say it comes on at some point. Sometimes it comes on right away during starting, sometimes during a turn, sometimes while just driving straight down interstate 5 miles into the drive. It seems very random as to when it chooses to come on.

Does anyone have any ideas at all before I take it to the stealership?

Old 02-16-2015, 11:43 PM

Could be speed sensor on the wheel hub
Common to have them go I heard

Old 02-17-2015, 12:31 PM

It seems to be more electrical. Just now at lunch time it was cold, so I went outside and started the car and just let it idle there. After about 2.5-3 minutes of idling the 4wd service dinged on. That seems more electrical related i think, especially when it wasn't moving. and was ok for the first couple of minutes. Just a guess. I have an appointment to have it looked at tomorrow morning

Old 02-18-2015, 09:23 AM

I'm glad I didn't wait much longer, my warranty is up in April! Anyway the dealer found all the codes were being thrown for the steering angle sensor. They have to order the part in so it won't be fixed until next week. I'm just glad I took it in rather than waiting it out a bit longer. I think I've seen one or 2 other mentions of steering angle sensors going bad, but not nearly as common as the wheel speed problem