Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

12/13 Outlander GT VS 14 Outlander GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 09:27 PM
Default 12/13 Outlander GT VS 14 Outlander GT

Hello. Tried to do some searching in forums, and lots of online research. Torn between 12/13 and 14 Outlander GT models.
Most reviews online say 14+ has much improved interior. Most say 12/13 has more 'athletic' feeling while driving (although maybe fake feeling as ungraded chassis stiffness of 14 maybe makes a more solid ride with less chatter or roughness - and some might think that means less athletic).
Price in my area really isn't much different (obviously more for 14, but usually lower mileage and thus more warranty - so the price increase reasonable).
The rear 3rd seat in 14+ seems much more solid and although 'virtually unusably small' if it was ever used - seems more solid and actually seat like?
And in pics I've seen, seems like the 14+ rear two rows fold flatter or more thoroughly. Seems like the 12/13 isn't a flat floor when folded? I'd love to be able to spend a night sleeping in the back from time to time in my adventures when needed.

Well thanks for the read. 12/13 GT vs 14+ GT in terms of drivability snd spirited feel. Function between them. And interior functionality... Externally - I dont consider either amazingly beautiful like I do my 2003 Montero LTD.

Thanks for help.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:14 AM

I had to choose between my '13 and a new one ('16.) The '13 drove and rode better. (I compared apples to apples - both were SE.)
You are right - '14 on, have flat folding seats - but you sacrifice cargo space back there as a result of a higher floor. I love the low floor and cavernous space due to the very low floor, with the rear split liftgate ergonomics of the '13.
If your main concern with the seats is having more room to sleep - then you will want the flat folding seats - unless if you are okay with leaving the tailgate open, which will give you another 2 feet of space for your feet, when open, in the '13.
My '13 has zero recalls and zero issues reported whereas the newer ones do, mainly with the GT, at least.
I won't even go there with the third row seat - it's silly - and I applaud anyone who feels it is useful. It had no bearing on my decision.
These were all contributing factors in making my choice as well as my liking the overall look / appearance of the '13 better, also.

Last edited by The Silent Seed; 10-27-2016 at 11:19 AM.