Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

20 inch wheels and rubber - Mounted - Pics inside

Old 06-12-2007, 01:25 AM
Default 20 inch wheels and rubber - Mounted - Pics inside

Man I love this car.

My last tire finally came in on Friday andI managed to get the new wheels mounted today. I went with 20" Boss 328's in black chrome shod with 255/40 R20 Toyo Proxes S/T. They are only slightly noisier then stock but the handling is about a 100 times better! Okay that might be a bit of an exaggeration but the grip levels and turning sharpness (which were both already excellent) have been greatlyamplified. I couldn't be happier with how they turned out.

Tomorrow I'll measure the speedo error against a GPS measurement but I don't expect it to be significant. Still need to get the stealer to calibrate the new TPMS sensors but like I said, I really like how they turned out. The stockers have been relegated to winter duty for now. Please enjoy some pics:

Name:  Driveway.jpg
Views: 3721
Size:  76.2 KB

Name:  FrontLeft.jpg
Views: 3173
Size:  69.2 KB

Name:  FrontRight.jpg
Views: 1929
Size:  82.1 KB

Name:  Side.jpg
Views: 4460
Size:  78.0 KB

Name:  Front.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  84.1 KB

Name:  Rear.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  76.0 KB

Name:  CloseUp.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  93.4 KB

Ride and Speedo Update:

Okay just put about a 100 clicks on the new wheels in combined city and hiwghway driving with most of the speed limits slightly fractured! I have definitely noticed a bit more torque steer off the line then with stock. The handling is waaayyy better then before - these things love to hug corners fast. The speedometererror isvery acceptable. Here are my indicated and measured speeds via GPS:

IndicatedMeasured Error

25 km/h 24 km/h4.1%
40 km/h 39 km/h 2.6%
50 km/h 49 km/h 2.0%
80 km/h 79 km/h 1.3%
100 km/h 98 km/h 2.0%
120 km/h 118 km/h 1.7%
140 km/h138 km/h 1.4%

Note, my GPS doesn't measure to the tenth decimal so error at lower speeds is actually overstated. Based on my measurements I would put the actual error at between 1.5 and 2%. I haven't measured the stock wheels, so unfortunately I don't have benchmark to compare to.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Default RE: 20 inch wheels and rubber - Mounted - Pics inside

[sm=jawdrop.gif] Excellent choice.

Gorgeous.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:47 AM

Sweet rims now I am going to track you down by your license plate and steal them! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 06-12-2007, 08:49 AM

Looks good!

Old 06-12-2007, 08:49 AM

Spectacular [/align][/align]I also want to put of 20 " when she buys it. [/align][/align]To my I like the OZ Canyon ST (she mounts the Evolander). [/align][/align]By the way, that measured of tire you have put to him? [/align]

Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Oh yeah? Well when they disappear I'll let the police know where to look.

Actually, I started thinking what was I really gaining by blocking it out when I drive all over hell's half acre everyday with it exposed?

Old 06-12-2007, 07:59 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure what the big deal is with blocking out the LP either. You have to have the ability to look into a DMV, type, records database to get driver info such as a home address...right?

Anyway, those rims fit really well Rdenis. The black chrome is really weird because it's not bright shiny chrome, but it's also not black, lol. It's pretty cool actually.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

The black chrome is really weird because it's not bright shiny chrome, but it's also not black, lol. It's pretty cool actually.
I totally agree. When the shop owner showed me black chrome for the first time I was like "What the f***?". Then he took one outside and started tilting it in the sunlight to show off the real effects. My next words were, "Man, that look is pretty cool." (actually you could imagine a few more expletives and it would be a more accurate description of my reaction.)

Butpictures are one thing -seeing them in person really allows you to absorb and appreciate the differing contrasts and details.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:46 AM

If they look better in person then take a road trip to everyone on this site and show us.

How are they with brake dust so far? I know the dust stands out really bad with the stock rims. I am almost to the point of buying dustless pads again. They arent 100% dustless but pretty damn close and beats raming your hand inside the rim trying to clean them.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:10 AM

And talking about license plates, did your Outlander came with pre-drilled holes on the front? Did it came with a rubber grommet with a brass nut on the other end? How were you able to mount the LP screws? Did it come with LP screws, or did you need to buy a set? If so what size?

Thanks. Mine came with that rubber grommet with a nut on the othe end, but no screws. And the distance between the holes is a little short of the standard US license plate, so I might need to drill the plates a little to make them fit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 20 inch wheels and rubber - Mounted - Pics inside