Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Front suspension spring snapped !

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Default 2007 Outlander ...other coil spring broke yesterday

My right front coil spring broke yesterday , exactly one year to the day since the front left broke . I as well have never had this happen to any of my previous vehicles. We have 114k on it . They have to order the part , going to take a few days .... this one is a more costly as they also seen that the tire rod ends are loose. Up until now , it has been the best vehicle we have ever owned , but dissapointed in these coil springs .... I thought I would join the forum to see what others are saying about it. Thanks !!

Old 03-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Banned

That should NOT happen.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:15 PM

You live in the rust belt?

Old 03-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Banned

He lives in Canada, what do you think? lol.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:03 PM

Old 03-29-2014, 12:41 AM

I am " she" and yes living on the Atlantic coast of Canada . Actually the car came with a " car rust ionizer " , and for the year ...we have no rust on the body whatsoever.... but as for the other parts such as the coil spring ect , yes exposed to alot of salt from the roads in the winter , therefore moe rust than Texas or N.C. ...but have had 7 vehicles through the years before this one and never had this happen ...just wondering if there is some kind of defect or something . Not everyone who has a problem , takes the time to write in Forums , ect .....or I bet we'd be surprised. By for now , Karen

Old 03-29-2014, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by kburke
I am " she" and yes living on the Atlantic coast of Canada . Actually the car came with a " car rust ionizer " , and for the year ...we have no rust on the body whatsoever.... but as for the other parts such as the coil spring ect , yes exposed to alot of salt from the roads in the winter , therefore moe rust than Texas or N.C. ...but have had 7 vehicles through the years before this one and never had this happen ...just wondering if there is some kind of defect or something . Not everyone who has a problem , takes the time to write in Forums , ect .....or I bet we'd be surprised. By for now , Karen
You are correct. I doubt it happens much and it should not happen. I was just curious if maybe rust had something to do with it. I've seen leaf springs snap due to rust but never a coil spring.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:23 PM

As mentioned before , our Outlander is the best vehicle we have owned so far .... as far as the body and cabin integrity , it basically drives like the day we got it ..... can't say that for every car. It is a 2007 and we bought it in 2010 . We are planning on keeping it for a couple more years , nice not having car payments. It handles really well up here in our Canadian winters with the 4 wheel drive and ' lock" if needed . We got blasted with a storm a few days ago with a foot and a half of snow , with the drifting from high winds , ended up with 4 feet snow banks . Another one coming tomorrow ...hoping this is the last of it . Back to the coil spring ....We are without our car until the part comes in and is fixed. They didn't have any in stock . I wonder if that is because so many breaking , or something that is so rare they don't stock them . And let me tell you hen that coil spring breaks , you cannot drive far or you have a risk of doing further damage , even to your tires . Last year it happened leaving my driveway ...dealer up the street . This time also close to home . Can't imagine if a person was on vacation far from home . Hopefully that will be the end of this kind of trouble . Sorry for being so long winded ....have a nice day !! Karen

Old 03-29-2014, 04:59 PM

Funny this look like mostly a 2007 problem in NA or UK.
The new spring will no be from the original batch.

This is rare so maybe that's why you have to wait.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:57 PM

Mitsubishi just extends the coil spring warranty. You can claim for the broken spring. Mine were broken but the springs were not rusted. I think it's the material problem.Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2007 Front suspension spring snapped !