Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: 7-days with our new CUV

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Default 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: 7-days with our new CUV

After living with the Outlander for a week, below is a short list of what we like and what we don't. Overall, we're very happy with our purchase. Our rambunctious Beagles seem to be enjoying it quite a bit too! Our only hope is that it's as good to us as the vehicle it replaced, an '02 Civic.

We considered the CR-V (great interior, but too slow), CX-7 (poor fuel economy & it requires premium), Santa Fe (very nice, but limited inventory and a bit boring to drive), RAV4 V6 (very fast, but pricey and merely decent handling even in sport trim). In the end we went with the Outlander partly because of the great deal we got ($27k for a fully-loaded XLS model), but also because it best represented what we were looking for in a vehicle.

Pros:

*Great feature content/technology (leather, heated seats, FastKey entry/start, L.E.D. taillights, 6-speed auto w/ magnesium alloy paddle shifters, auto-leveling HIDs, sunroof, 10-way power driver seet, NAV, 650-watt Rockford Fosgate sound system that can store 1200 songs, automatic climate control, etc.)
*Handsome styling (while no SUV in this price segment is what I would consider striking or sexy, I do think the Outlander is one of the better designs on the market)
*Excellent fit and finish with even panel gaps and complimentary textures and colors
*High-quality leather (I swear this is the same leather Lexus used in my GS430. It feels and looks so similar, I've even tried to find out who supplies the leather to boh companies)
*Ample storage space when the 3rd row is folded down
*Sporty ride/handling (for an SUV)

Cons:

*Stiff ride over freeway expansion joints
*A few cheap interior bits such as the parking brake handle which is not covered in leather like like the steering wheel/gear shift **** and the 3rd-row seat which is covered in a rough fabric. In addition, the interior plastics, while matte and rich looking, are a bit hard.
*In spite of it's many high-tech features, it lacks some more basic features such as heated sideview mirrors, illuminated vanity mirrors, homelink and a telescopic adjustment on the steering wheel

And now, onto the pics:

Old 11-20-2006, 02:29 AM
Default RE: 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: 7-days with our new CUV

Very nice....I want to see some pics of the HID's at night if you can snap any in your free time.....

I think mitsu did a very good job with the new outlander...

Old 11-20-2006, 03:00 AM

Such a tremendous difference between the two designs! Very nice looking and functional- a great deal at $27k for 4WD. The color is great too!

Old 11-21-2006, 02:25 PM

Nice pics, congrats on the purchase $27k is a great deal for a fully loaded model. Makes me want to trade my 06 for an 07 []

Old 11-21-2006, 05:42 PM

Hi,
Your outlander looks awesome in deep blue!! it's still my favorite colour. The XLS interiour with leather looks great too!

I still find the looks of the nose of the new Outlander a little weird, I suppose I have to get used to the new design. From other perspectives it looks great, certainly side and rear are futuristic and sportive...
As for the kind of stiff suspension, I believe this is part of the sportive mitsubishi spirit, and it probably gives the car a better and safer handling...

My dealer told me the suspension will soften a bit over time, and for the 2004 outlander this may be true... when it was brand new it rode a lot more stiff than after 5000km (now). And I lowered my tyre suspension a bit too, just a tiny bit under the adviced pressure.

Thanks for sharing the nice photo's with us!

Best regards

Old 11-27-2006, 12:46 AM

Congratulations! That's a lot of car for 27K. The new design is great! I like the chrome
bumper shield at the back. I wish it was also available in the 1g Outlander.

This model will hopefully return Mitsubishi Motors to financial health.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:03 PM

Perfect review... I never imagine I'd like my wife's car (The Outlander) as much as my Mazda RX-8!

Old 12-01-2006, 01:03 PM

hmm.. I may have to trade in mine for a newer one...

Old 12-01-2006, 09:27 PM

Nice outlander! I love the look of the new one...So much more agressive and just an overall great design from Mitsu motors...I'm glad you like it!

Old 12-04-2006, 07:59 PM
JMC

I just picked up my new '07...so much better than my '03! I just hope it stays that way.

Quick Reply: 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: 7-days with our new CUV