Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: 7-days with our new CUV

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Default RE: 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: 7-days with our new CUV

jwaters, you have the EXACT car that I want! I love the blue w/beige leather, all the bells and whistles. I don't have my Outlander yet, but my dealer is looking for the perfect one for me. turns out you have it

Old 12-06-2006, 11:40 PM

Congrats on the purchase JMC. Weren't you looking for a raider a while ago- before they were officially released?

Old 12-07-2006, 05:51 AM
JMC

Thanks Dirt! I was about to get the Raider...but the Move to Cali came up and I was getting more and more info on the new Outlander.
I'm so happy I waited! This is a totally different Outlander...a huge difference. Really close to a new X3 I took out for a test drive. Everything I did to mu '03 they did to the '07.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:48 PM

Couldn't agree more- so much more for the money comparing the Outlander to the Raider.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:46 PM
JMC

Two things....I have fog lights...but they only seem to go on during the day with the day running lights. It the manual it says there should be a way to turn them on. Also...what's up with the iPod hook up? Crap!

Old 12-08-2006, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: JMC

Two things....I have fog lights...but they only seem to go on during the day with the day running lights. It the manual it says there should be a way to turn them on. Also...what's up with the iPod hook up? Crap!
if you have the HID lights you do NOT have fog lights. The place where the fog lights go is daytime running lights.
THE HID lights are so bright that it actually would exceed the federal limit for illumination if you were allowed to have foglights.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:55 PM

Regarding the iPod hookup, the input in the NAV screen does not work for hooking up your iPod. I had to use the audio/video inputs on the back of the center console. Switch the audio system to "AUX" and it works great. With 6 months of free Sirius and the ability to load up to 1200 songs on the NAV/Audio hard drive I hardly ever use it though. [8D]

Old 12-11-2006, 05:46 PM
JMC

Thanks Guys! That's just crazy...federal limit for illumination. I see pleanty of cars and trucks with HID's and Fogs...what happens if you need the fogs at night? There has to be a way to bypass this.
JWaters....what cables did you use with the A/V inputs for the iPOd?
Thanks again!

Old 12-11-2006, 07:17 PM

Here's a pic of the cables similar to mine. I like the fact that they're retractable. I just leave the video cable unplugged.

If you prefer not having an extra unused cable, they do also have audio only cables like the one pictured below, but they were hard for me to find locally. (I tried Wal Mart, Target & Radio Shack)

On a side note, our Outlander has developed a couple issues. First being a pronounced clunk from the suspension when making low-speed turns or backing out of a parking space. I'd say it happens around 50% of the time. The other being the windows. We had the front windows tinted. For whatever reason the window tint scratched and made a really bad popping/squeeking noise when rolling down the windows. The tint shop offered to redo it, but said the window tint was installed properly and was not the source of our problems. We chose to just have it taken off for the time being. Since then the windows do not make the noise, but we have a feeling the glass will eventually be scratched by whatever is inside the door causing the problem. The tint shop speculated that the seals on the window may be too tight.

Oh, the fun of owning a first year model new car. I think I'll take it to the dealer after the holidays.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:56 PM
JMC

Thanks! I'll look for the cables today! I have the same noise you had...the dealer didn't know what it was let alone what anything was on the truck. It seems I know more then they do....blaaa.
Anyway, there will be a new model out in 4 years so we have something to look forward to. I'm sure they'll change a few thing within the 4 years, but we'll still have the best one..no doubt.
Thanks again!

Quick Reply: 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: 7-days with our new CUV