Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: 7-days with our new CUV

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Default RE: 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: 7-days with our new CUV

ORIGINAL: JMC

Thanks Guys! That's just crazy...federal limit for illumination. I see pleanty of cars and trucks with HID's and Fogs...what happens if you need the fogs at night? There has to be a way to bypass this.
you wont find any that are like that from the factory, unless the foglights or HIDs are intentionally dulled. there are rules regarding minimum and maximum lumens allowed for cars/trucks etc.

also, your HID lights are auto leveling. If you load the rear of the truck with 400 pounds of weight (which would obviously aim the headlights up), they will wind down automatically.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: jwaters943

On a side note, our Outlander has developed a couple issues. First being a pronounced clunk from the suspension when making low-speed turns or backing out of a parking space. I'd say it happens around 50% of the time. The other being the windows. We had the front windows tinted. For whatever reason the window tint scratched and made a really bad popping/squeeking noise when rolling down the windows. The tint shop offered to redo it, but said the window tint was installed properly and was not the source of our problems. We chose to just have it taken off for the time being. Since then the windows do not make the noise, but we have a feeling the glass will eventually be scratched by whatever is inside the door causing the problem. The tint shop speculated that the seals on the window may be too tight.

Oh, the fun of owning a first year model new car. I think I'll take it to the dealer after the holidays.
that "popping" issue is starting to come up on a few.. seems to be a slight fitment issue with the front hubs/wheel bearings. We're dealing with one right now. Its not dangerous, but annoying.
Ill let you know what fixes it tomorrow (if I remember).

Old 12-11-2006, 09:18 PM
JMC

MB-
Thanks for all the info! Find out why they didn't include a real iPod jack...something that would charge...I'm just wondering.
Thanks again!

Old 12-12-2006, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: JMC

MB-
Thanks for all the info! Find out why they didn't include a real iPod jack...something that would charge...I'm just wondering.
Thanks again!
dunno about that..

but if you have the nav system, you really dont need it anyway!

frankly, I prefer Sirius anyway.. i cant imaging not ever using it in my car. After I got it, the Ipod pretty much went in my dresser, never to come out again.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
JMC

I had a Pioneer Navi in my '03 Outlander and the iPod screen was amazing. I figured since all the songs are already on the iPod it's better. The songs load very slow on the Mitsu Navi...oh well, I'll try those A/V cables. What's the deal with that little aux jack on the bottom of the Navi?
I agree with you 100% about the Sirius...it's a must. I just wish they got the MLB contract...I need to hear the Red Sox games dammit! hahaha...
Thanks again!!!

Old 12-12-2006, 11:07 PM

need extra space in that dresser drawer yet??? lol I don't have Sirius or ipod- my wife has an ipod and loves it.

Old 12-16-2006, 07:02 PM

wow, even jmc got an 07... i think ill wait one more year or see how summer goes.

hey jmc did you trade in? if yes how much did they give you?

Old 12-18-2006, 06:06 PM
JMC

Big PUN!!!
Yeah...the dealer here bought my '03 with all the mods for $11,000 and made me the most smokin' deal for the '07. There will be a few minor updates in the next 4 years for the Outlander...but 2011 will be a nice new model. I'd say get on it now before Mitsu goes under...

Old 01-04-2007, 01:07 AM

am' lovin it!!! pounding that mivec 6.....so sweet!!!! ( the only thing is, i keep hearing clank-clank sound everytime i, turn the wheel at reverse. could be something to dow/ 4 wd ?) or the esc system?? thought i, heard the same weird sound before, w/ my ol' mans g.m.c. s.u.v.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:11 PM
JMC

I'm sure Mitsu will have a nice recall

Quick Reply: 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: 7-days with our new CUV