Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Outlander exhaust replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Default 2007 Outlander exhaust replacement

Our 2007 Outlander lived "up North" for a few years, so the undercarriage is pretty corroded. The exhaust has developed at least one leak and lots of issues, so I'm looking to have it replaced.

So I have two main questions for the community; is there a place to get decent prices on replacement parts, and should I go ahead and replace the entire system (minus the Catalytic converter, that is fine) to proactively address future leaks and problems?

I priced it out at my local dealership, parts are about $1,700, $800 of that in the midpipe. I'd like to stay OEM if I could, but it seems like I could have a custom exhaust built and installed for less than that.

On a side note, I saw that the 2006 had a much cheaper midpipe, and the dealer told me there is a small Cat in the new one. Would it be possible to replace it with a midpipe from a 2006, or would it not fit/cause CELs or emission problems?

Thank you!

Old 03-12-2012, 05:18 PM

I'd call up an exhaust shop and see what they can do for you. some shops will just have stock exhaust pipe on hand and just bend to fit.

Mitsubishi Parts | OEM Mitsubishi Parts | Genuine Mitsubishi Parts
it doesn't look like there are any crazy bends...I'd go with aftermarket and see how they'd do it.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by GLudlow
Our 2007 Outlander lived "up North" for a few years, so the undercarriage is pretty corroded. The exhaust has developed at least one leak and lots of issues, so I'm looking to have it replaced.

So I have two main questions for the community; is there a place to get decent prices on replacement parts, and should I go ahead and replace the entire system (minus the Catalytic converter, that is fine) to proactively address future leaks and problems?

I priced it out at my local dealership, parts are about $1,700, $800 of that in the midpipe. I'd like to stay OEM if I could, but it seems like I could have a custom exhaust built and installed for less than that.

On a side note, I saw that the 2006 had a much cheaper midpipe, and the dealer told me there is a small Cat in the new one. Would it be possible to replace it with a midpipe from a 2006, or would it not fit/cause CELs or emission problems?

Thank you!
You may not have this car anymore, but what was your repair solution? I'm not finding any aftermarket parts very easily, and I have the rust issues as well pretty much mid to back. Very expensive for OEM.