Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander preview

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Default 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander preview

"For the 2008 model, Mitsubishi will add two new engines. The first one is a 2.2 Di-D, Diesel common rail with a maximum power of 156 hp at 4000 rpm and a peak torque of 280 lbs-ft at 2000 rpm. Set to be launched in the fourth quarter of 2007 this new engine is mated with 6-speed manual gearbox and an All Wheel Control system..."

This is from a new preview on the 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander, from Topspeed, featuring information about design and performance, as well as a photo / wallpaper gallery.

You can read the whole article here:
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mitsubi...r-ar38147.html

Old 06-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Default RE: 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander preview

I wonder if North America will ever et a Diesel. Coming from Europe and now living in Canada I dont understand why Diesel isnt popular over here.

Im hoping I can wait for the 08's, My car is dying and not sure if I have the time though....

Old 06-26-2007, 09:43 PM

Emmissions regulations believe it or not.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:48 PM

as rdenis said it's emissions as well as the type of diesel we had here. The US has now changed over to the low sulfer diesel which the europeans use. With the 08 model year we will start seeing more and more diesels here. For instance the new 2.0 VW diesel will be in the 08 lineup and is 50 state legal, and gets 60mpg highway.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:02 AM

60 MPG seems a bit high..the outgoing ones are rated 41 or 42 and that was with the old EPA rules.

Diesel's lack of popoularity in the US are because of thebad image fromall the loud, dirty engines we got in the 80's, the $2,000 price premium,cheap gas, and for a while diesel fuel was pricier than gas

Old 10-01-2007, 01:33 PM

Can somebody please explain to me how dealers here in the U.S. are ordering the 08's starting today for a December delivery without any clue on pricing, changes to model, or available options? I have pretty much resigned myself to not getting my 07 Outtie as I apparently have too many variables in the vehicle I want. My issue is whether or not its even worth waiting for the 08's. This must be some sort of marketing ploy to ensure dealers will be able offload their 07s before they will release any info on the 08s. I will say that I am tired of hearing from dealers that they found my vehicle, it has everything but... They are all way too interested in selling what they have on their lot as opposed to finding what the customer wants. I guess that's what I get for waiting until this time of year to buy.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 PM

I guess that's how it's always been, not only Mitsubishi but other auto makers as well. The 07 model came out 1st week of Nov 06, so give it until end of Oct. And yes of course, the dealer will try to sell its inventory first, but I don't see why they can't sell you an 08 when you wanted one. And of course, I imagine they will sell it a few hundred $$ higher than the 07s. IMO, nothing major is changed in the 08. Maybe a few cosmetic upgrade like the different design for the alloy wheel. IMO, the changes for 08 EU models will not make it here in the NA market, simply for pricing reasons. The EU has better upgrades and features because they charge an arm and a leg for basically the same Outlander. So they get better optios for a higher price. Mitsu has a target price to maintain in the NA market to stay competitive. I hope though that 08 will be the year we see more accessories like the ones they have in Japan.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RedHawk69
I have pretty much resigned myself to not getting my 07 Outtie as I apparently have too many variables in the vehicle I want.
Sounds like you are looking for an SUV with a higher price tag, so you should be looking at RDX and alike. Outlander offers best bang for your buck for under 30k, no one else offers all the features it has at that price.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:37 PM

I have 2008 d-id (vw engine) diesel Outlander in warroir trim. The top off the range in the UK "elegance" model has different wheels.

The leather trim from the factory is not up to UK/Euro quality so we get fewer toys in exchange in the 2008 version

Puddy

Old 10-01-2007, 04:10 PM

Puddy,
How do you like the diesel? How is the sound level inside the cabin? What milage are you getting? Oh, and one more thing, what is the price of petrol compaired to diesel fuel?

Rob

Quick Reply: 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander preview