Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander preview

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Default RE: 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander preview

ORIGINAL: klas
Sounds like you are looking for an SUV with a higher price tag, so you should be looking at RDX and alike. Outlander offers best bang for your buck for under 30k, no one else offers all the features it has at that price.
No, that is definitely not the case. I have run the gamut and taken all the test drives and did all my research. I am definitely getting the Outlander, just hesitant to get any vehicle in its first model year. What I meant by having too many variables is wanting an AWD XLS with S&S, Lux, and NAV in the Southeastern U.S. They have found one, but its white and I am looking for graphite gray or silver. I do think the Outlander compares very favorably to higher end crossovers such as the RDX, but I am basing this soley on reviews read and a one hour test drive. I just feel there were some "oversights" in the original release.
I realize cost drives the train, but at a minimum with this vehicle they should have offered backup sensors or a backup camera with the high tailgate. I also think they should have offered lighted visor mirrors (gotta sell this to the boss at home) and auto-dimming rearview as standard. Now that would be the minimum, but I would also like to see Homelink offered (I actually use mine), selectable foglights on the XLS (my USAA insurance showed no difference with or without DRLs), a larger hard drive in the MMCS, the option of the 110v outlet regardless of whether or not you get the entertainment system. I have found you get more for less there with aftermarket and I have had the flip down screen out of the ceiling in my Honda Odyssey. I will never do that again as it makes the rear view useless.
I guess my point is that I am at that time when it would be very beneficial to know what is coming in the 08 model year (changes and price) to help me determine whether or not to settle for an 07 not outfitted to my requested specs. I tend to own cars for awhile before I get rid of them and the Outlander offers the opportunity (a first for me) to actually have the car I want for the money I am willing to pay; as opposed to settling for what I can afford. Just gripin' I reckon. Good forum, good posts.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 PM

I almost forgot, but considering the link below, I wonder if that will have any bearing on the future map updates for MMCS.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/01/nokia-buying-navteq/

Old 10-02-2007, 02:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Radialman4360

Puddy,
How do you like the diesel? How is the sound level inside the cabin? What milage are you getting? Oh, and one more thing, what is the price of petrol compaired to diesel fuel?

Rob
This is the 3rd diesel car I have brought the last one was the shogun sport/montreo sport but I was only getting 26mpg with the diesel outlander I am getting 41mpg. Petrol prices have just been put by 2p which now makes 98p per litre or 99p a litre for diesel

Its very quiet inside and it fast of the line so the engine matched for the car and 6speed manual helps with the fuel bills

Puddy

Old 10-02-2007, 09:17 AM

Hi:

I would of taken a 2007 XLS for 28K out the door with nav,luxand S & S but Ihope that the 2008 has home link and a back up camera...

I hope the 2008 info comes out real soon....

Old 10-02-2007, 10:41 AM

Puddy:
If you got the 2008 Outlander, you should have the "soft touch paint on the dash" - see the article in the first post of this thread. How is it? Does it make the interior feel more substantial? Can you tell the difference from the 07 models?

Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 AM

I can tell you for sure that the price on 2008 model will be higher and you can add aftermarket backup camera for a few hundreds ofdollars, as well as homelink mirror.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:20 AM

Hi, I have the new 2007 Outlander in UK Elegance spec. Last week on a 60 mile journey down the motorway in no particular rush and using cruise control set at 56 mph I got an unbelievable average of 53 miles per gallon according to the trip computor. I am regularly getting 40 plus mpg on short journeys using a 'light right foot'. Towing a 1500kg caravan over a 120 mile journey, again using cruise @ 56 mph I got 29 mpg. This was infact better than the 24mpg I used to get out of my Citroen C5 2.0litre HDI estate ( 138 bhp) when towing.
To say I am pleased with the fuel consumption is an understatement !!
Cheers
Ron

Old 10-05-2007, 07:32 PM

One member over at carspace stated that the Canadian price went up $650 for the LS 4WD w/Convenience (LS 4WD in the USlesscargo cover). No word about the changes though. I would think it's got to be something for that amount of money.