Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2009 ZH Outlander USB Retro fit - How to

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 03:31 AM
Default 2009 ZH Outlander USB Retro fit - How to

I have a 2009 ZH Outlander XLS and it came with bluetooth and a 6 CD head unit. It's non Rockford Fosgate version. Many hours of reading wiring diagrams and looking through the internet I found no information if it was possible to fit a USB to my head unit. I managed to get it working today and its very simple and I hope this can help someone out there that might want to do the same. You must have factory bluetooth fitted (ones with steering wheel controls).

You will need a Bluetooth/USB module out of a late module Lancer/Outlander/ASX 2010+. I bought mine on ebay and it came from a ZK Outlander. It has the Part number 8785A076. I also bought a USB cable from ebay that would fit the module. If you search this term on ebay "USB Cable Audio Car Media Music Adapter Extension Wire For Honda Mitsubishi 2009" it should come up with the USB cable needed. You will also need a new head unit from a 2010 or later car CZ Lancer, ZH Outlander or XA ASX. So you would want a head unit that was already USB ready. It's very straight forward to do there is no wiring or anything. Direct Plug and play.

Remove the two side vents and then the 2 screws holding the Head unit facia down. Then remove the 4 screws that hold the head unit down. Looking inside you have the bluetooth module with a green label on it. Its held onto by 2 screws, remove those and unplug. If you trace the wiring harness to the bluetooth moudle you will see another plug 10cm away. Disconect that plug and plug it into you new bluetooth module. Fit your new head unit, vents and facia.

That is all you need to do to get USB working. I also now have Bluetooth audio stream as well. So I have regular radio, CD, AUX, USB and BT audio. You change the modes by holding the CD button.

I hope that helps.