Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Post financing

do some on know who does mitsubishi uses as bank for there lease here in canada, i am planning to lease one outlander

Old 11-03-2009, 04:00 PM

Most of the dealerships deal with BMO and TD Bank. They do mine with Bank of Montreal(BMO).

Old 11-03-2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by dario99gst
What about the FUSE hands free link? It says that it will be able to stream blue tooth music and have voice command.

I might seriously have to consider this...
That's the only thing I want, the FUSE system.

I wonder if the MMCS can be upgraded, or switched out for one of these?

Old 11-04-2009, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by bhanot
do some on know who does mitsubishi uses as bank for there lease here in canada, i am planning to lease one outlander
My financing was done through Scotiabank. I dont know if leases are done through anyone else.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:14 AM

when i bought it the bank used was BMO

Old 11-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Post hitch for outlander

hi outlander experts i want to know is it good idea to get hitch installed from the dealership or from outside and will the be big price difference,and how much canoutlander handle as per the trailer weight ,if i have a v6 engine.

and also want to know how much is the real tested fuel efficiency (mileage) of v6 xls outlander.
thanks in advance

Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 AM

So what I'd like to know is, what did they do to the engine to get 230hp and a better fuel economy than my 2009 ?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:29 PM

i don't know. i don't like what mitsubishi did to the beautiful outlander. i think i like the front end but it doesn't match the rear end. all it does is make the 07 outlander outdated but then it's only when your looking at the front. on the rear it's the same old outlander. i like the interior though. for me they just have updated the interior to be like this but just leave the exterior the same, or they should have redesigned the rear to match the front.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 PM

I don't think 2010 Outlander makes 2007 outdated on the outside. 2010 looks more of chop job using lancer front end.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 PM

My $0.02:

After looking at pics of the 2010 Outlander over the past few weeks I have to say the new front end is really growing on me. I like the grille, I really like the new projector-style headlights and side view mirrors with turn signal indicators. The chrome hatch trim is a nice little finishing touch as well. I also think the 18" wheels on the 2010 look better than those on our 2007 XLS. I'm very seriously considering replacing ours with either a 2010 or 2011. Our Outlander has proven quite reliable and I really appreciate the numerous small refinements/additions Mitsubishi has made over the years. I honestly don't think there is another $30k CUV that is as well-equipped as the Outlander.

On a related side note, I came across this review of the 2010 Outlander on KBB.com and didn't see it posted yet, so here goes:

First Drive Review: 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT
Posted 10/4/2009 10:0 PM

It sounds like an expression you might hear after a particularly fierce collision at the X Games, but the face transplant is becoming a medical reality. It's great progress for those in need, but think about how strange it would be talking to an old friend with a new face. Now imagine if the new face was actually that of another friend.

That's why our first look at the 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander was something of a shock to the system. From most angles it's the same softly styled, second-generation Outlander we've known since the 2007 model year. Move around to the front, though, and you'll now see the chiseled face you know from the Mitsubishi Lancer lineup. Months after seeing the first prototype, we're now well along in the adjustment period and fans of the new look. After all, on the Lancer -- and Lancer Evolution, especially -- it was already one our favorite front-ends out there.

But this Mitsubishi makeover is more than skin deep.

What Else is New?

While the plastic surgeons were doing their thing up front, other teams were busy at work inside and underneath the Outlander. Among other improvements, their efforts resulted in a brand new addition to the lineup. The bigger changes include:

1) 10 more horsepower and slightly better fuel economy from the existing 3.0-liter V6
2) A new "Fuse" infotainment system similar in concept to the Ford/Microsoft SYNC system
3) A quieter passenger cabin
4) Mild interior enhancements
5) A new Outlander GT variant, the key feature of which is a sophisticated Super All-Wheel Control system (other Outlanders will continue to offer a more traditional all-wheel drive system, in addition to front-wheel drive and a four-cylinder engine)

Controlling Interest

The second-generation Mitsubishi Outlander was already regarded as one of the most fun-to-drive crossovers out there, so a little more power and a new, performance-enhancing all-wheel drive system figured to be gravy. We spent a week putting the new 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT through its paces around town -- hitting our makeshift skidpad (a lightly trafficked roundabout), sweeper turns (looping on-ramps) and medium-speed test track (the 405 freeway) -- and came away satisfied, to varying degrees, with the changes.

Take, for instance, the engine enhancements. While 10 extra horsepower is nice, it's a bigger improvement on paper than on the road. But Mitsubishi is also promising a one- or two-mpg increase in fuel economy, the benefits of which will be realized with every tank of gas.

Then there's the new Super All-Wheel Control system, available exclusively on the Outlander GT. It's a close relative to the S-AWC system found on Mitsubishi's world-beating Lancer Evolution sedan, but throw the Outlander GT into a tight corner and you'll understand why they didn't call it the Outlander Evolution. This is still a tall vehicle with a high center of gravity, and weight transfer is one of the more difficult physics problems.

But smoothly set the Outlander GT into a longer bend and the S-AWC delivers appreciably improved road holding and stability by distributing torque not just front to back, but also side to side (and there's a graph in the instrument cluster that shows the system in action). We also appreciated S-AWC when turning onto a busy street, where the system more efficiently converts power into acceleration. In all cases, we were able to get more out of the S-AWC system with the electronic stability control switched off.

For some lifestyles and locales, the biggest advantage of the Outlander GT's S-AWC system promises to be improved traction in rain and snow. Both were impossible to find during our week with the Mitsubishi Outlander GT (during September in Southern California), but the advantages of similarly flexible all-wheel drive systems are well documented. The system also features Tarmac, Snow and Lock programs, selectable via a center console-mounted ****.

One of the improvements that will be noticeable to anyone familiar with the 2007 - 2009 Outlander is the interior noise level. Around town and on the highway, the new Outlander does a notably better job of suppressing outer-cabin sounds like tire, suspension, engine and wind noises. Passengers still won't mistake it for a Lexus, but it's definitely more category-competitive from an interior noise point of view.

The same can be said for the interior styling enhancements we observed in the Outlander GT. It still isn't the creamiest center in the category, but the added leather and contrast stitching are welcome upgrades.

Cool Carryovers

In addition to the fixes and enhancements, the 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander lineup retains a desirable feature set that includes a hard drive-based navigation and music storage system, excellent Rockford-Fosgate sound system, rear-seat DVD entertainment system, comprehensive vehicle information and personalization system, keyless entry and start, sliding/reclining second row, child-size third row, paddle shifters, excellent leather seats and a two-piece tailgate that makes for easier loading, unloading and sitting. This long list of standard and available goodies remains our favorite Outlander advantage.

Closing Out

We like the Outlander's new face. We like its quieter cabin. And we like the new Outlander GT's more adaptable all-wheel drive system. We didn't get a chance to play with the new Fuse infotainment system -- it wasn't yet available during our first drive -- but it promises to make one of the tech-savviest cars in the category even savvier. Combined with a reliability record that would surprise many, the Outlander qualifies as our favorite underdog in the segment. Maybe the new face will get more heads turning in its direction.

Last edited by jwaters943; 11-09-2009 at 10:08 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander