Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander front end vibration and dash rattle issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Default 2010 Outlander front end vibration and dash rattle issues

I just purchased a brand new 2010 Outlander GT about 3 weeks ago. The first time I took the car on the freeway (which was a few days after I purchased it), I noticed that at freeway speeds (over 60 mph) there was a noticeable vibration in the steering wheel and front end similar to what happens when your tires are out of balance. Thinking this might be the issue, I took the car back to the dealer and asked them to check the balancing on the tires. They re-balanced the tires for me and when I got back on the freeway the vibration was still there. I took the car back today and asked them to look at the car again. The tech took the car for a drive himself and said that he felt the vibration. He told me that he then took another Outlander they had that was a demo on a test drive and stated that it did the same thing. Does anyone else get this vibration? I've never had a car that has done this before. This is the first SUV I have owned, and when not traveling at freeway speeds the car rides and drives silky smooth. I don't think the rotors could be the issue because there is no vibration when you hit the brakes.

In addition to the vibrations, the car had a lot of dash rattles and squeaks on fairly smooth roads and over small bumps. The dealer found the issue and fixed it. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue when their car was new.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 AM
ndj

I had the same symptoms on a 2000 Honda Accord purchased new. Rebalanced the tyres but problem still there. In the end the fault was traced to one of the front drive shafts. It was replaced and the problem was cured.

Had the same issue on a Ford Mondeo (Europe model) after new tyres were fitted (so I knew it wasn't a car fault). The tyres were rebalanced 3 or 4 times but the problem persisted. In the end we switched the front wheels to the back and that fixed it.

Also saw this on another Honda a few years later (different tyre shop BTW).

I came to the conclusion that some wheel/type combinations simply can't be balanced correctly.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:15 PM

Take it back... there's something wrong. I've got 7000 miles on my GT including a 2500 mile road trip. I don't have any vibrations at all.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:28 AM

same here, vibration at 110 km/h and more
i change my tired friday, see if that fix the problem. Kind of anoying.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Unhappy Something is not right

My 2010 GT has 9000 miles. Smooth as silk.
Good Luck,
Let us know what happens.
Mike

Old 11-16-2010, 01:29 PM

Hello again,

I am going to take the car back soon and I will keep you guys updated.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:21 PM

Go back to the dealer and YOU take the demo for a drive .

I have 3000km on mine and its smoooooth .

Old 11-17-2010, 06:40 AM

I called the dealer yesterday and spoke with the service manager. I have an appointment next week to meet with him. He said he would take the car out to see if that's just how those cars ride. I told him that I have never owned a car in my life (and I have owned quite a few...all brand new) that did this and that I was sure that Mitsubishi would not build their vehicles to ride like this. I am going to go with him when he takes my car out and I am going to ask that we drive another outlander as well.

I will keep you posted

Old 11-21-2010, 10:59 AM

i change tire for my winter tire, problem fix, to it was only tire balance probably my problem

Old 11-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Default Dash Rattle?

I just purchased a 2010 Outlander ES Demo Vehicle with the Convenience Package. I don't notice a bad Blue-tooth connection with my iPhone 3GS, but I do notice an incessant rattle that seems to be coming from OUTSIDE of my car at lower speeds. I checked the door, windows, and side pockets to no avail. What did they do to fix your rattle? Should I bring mine in?

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander front end vibration and dash rattle issues