Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander Navigation issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Default 2010 Outlander Navigation issues

I am having issues with my Navi unit. I just bought my Outlander a week ago with the Navi, but I cannot find anything. Not Target, Wal-Mart. The simplest things that have been around the area for years. I have the 2008 version and they are not sure why we cannot find those places because they cannot either. I was told by Mitsubishi corporate that's the most up to date one. You would think you buy a Navigation unit so you can find everything, but now it's just like have an in-dash ipod.
Has anyone else had this problem, and is there anything I can do?
I did see a website for an update that you can burn to CD and use but I would like some input before I do this. Here is the link
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/download/mmcs/e/down_mmcs_01.html#

Thanks all!!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 AM

AFAIK, major retailers like wal-mart, home depot, etc., are not in this system. mostly mom and pop shops are in it, restaurants, gas stations. was the same with my 07 outlander.

the link that you attached is for CDDB update. it will make it recognize more recent CDs (artist, title, song names). can't hurt, but it won't improve the navi.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:27 PM

Thanks,
Is anyone else having this issue? Or we just have to wait for the update later this year?

Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 PM

The update later this year will not help. (By the way, get used to hearing that, its always "coming later this year")

Mitsu has just about the worst map data I have ever seen.

My 09 came with 2006 maps. Even the most current maps do not and will not have all the POIs. (Points of interest, Walmart, etc)

Mitsu buys the map info from NavTeq, one of the biggest names in the GPS map game. NavTeq does not make the software, or decide what info to put into the update. They leave all that to Mitsu, who I have to say have really dropped the ball on this.

My work around is to use my Android phone. I have it mounted on the dash. I push one button and speak what I want it to find. Either I tell it to take me there, or I get the address and punch it into the GPS.

It still sucks, but what can you do?

Old 09-16-2010, 05:57 AM

Wow,
If I knew that I would have saved the 2500 and used it for something else. It's amazing that they will allow this to happen. My wife spoke with the corporate office and ofcourse they said "we will write up a ticket and send it off." From the sounds of it though they still will not do anything about it.

I'll be using my phones GPS as well it looks like

Old 09-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Default Agreed

I can confirm that the maps are horribly out of date. I assumed that we'd get regular updates. Forget not seeing stores, most of my major roads aren't even on the map. The car must just think I'm riding around in the dirt all day. My phone has street view & Google Earth, but my car can't figure out what road it's on? If MMCS wasn't so integrated with everything else on the car I'd throw it away and put in an after-market job. Now I'm just going to have to buy a Tom-Tom and put it next to the $2500 navigation system, which is retarded. I'd expect this from Chrysler, but a Japanese company with bad electronics?!?

Old 10-08-2010, 12:27 PM

The Nav has the latest updates for streets, but I have to use the Google app on my iPhone to find nearby stores and resturants.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Default iPad vs MMCS

I will never ever buy another integrated Navi system. The Outlander version is pointless. The music server is pointless, The Sirius Satellite is pointless.

I just bought an iPad, and I can replace all of this functionality with built in GPS and 3G connectivity. Not to mention, the millions of other cool things it can do.

I get up to date maps with Google.
I get hundreds of streaming internet audio stations
I have my iPod
(No, I don't watch video in the car, but I could)
etc, etc... you can imagine all the other apps.

On another note, the rear entertainment system is pointless too. Frankly, I rarely let the kids watch it because it blocks my view out the back of the car. Either headrest DVD is the way to go, or frankly, for the price of the MMCS and rear DVD, I could buy everyone in the car their own iPad.

I hope my next vehicle just simply has an awesome amplifier, volume controls and an Aux input.

:-)

Old 10-19-2010, 05:14 PM

When I bought my Outlander I said that I didn't want any of that stuff so I did a deal and had it "exchanged " for more usefull things like a tow bar and tinting and park assist as well as $1000 fuel card and a few other things. Sounds like I made the right choice.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:24 PM

Hey, at least you can plug your iPod in your 2010! Us with the older MMCS can only use AUX.

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander Navigation issues