Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander XLS OEM fog lamps

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ckmecha
And there are no approval stamps anywhere on the lens. Attached is a picture with the bezel on the new lights installed. Around here, there is no required inspection besides emissions. I think it would be hard for a police officer to tell the difference unless you blinded them.
Fantastic! Those are the lamps I'll get if and when I replace ours.

You've probably saved many members some serious dough on a pair of fog lamps. Well done.

If you would touch the glass lens after the lamp has been on for some time, I'd appreciate knowing how hot it gets. Because it is LED, it should remain quite cool. If that is the case, then one could put one or more layers of 3M film on the lens. This would go a long way in protecting the lens, IMO.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:55 PM

And there are no approval stamps anywhere on the lens. Attached is a picture with the bezel on the new lights installed. Around here, there is no required inspection besides emissions. I think it would be hard for a police officer to tell the difference unless you blinded them.
That is awesome and thanks for all the information and pictures. That really helps..

Can you please post a link to exactly what you've purchased? I am looking at replacing mine soon.. (if I find time over the next couple of weeks.) Also, I guess there is no leveling screw?

Old 07-08-2014, 04:33 PM

Giving this a bit of a bump...

Thanks ckmecha for pointing out these foglight units! I just wired up flexible led strips underneath my headlights (Audi DRL style) and they came out great, although they are a bit "much" for my taste. So, since the wiring for DRLs is already there, I'm installing these fog lights w/ DRL's and disconnecting the led strip DRL's I installed.

I found the lights pictured by ckmecha on amazon for $79 shipped from CA.

My only concern is that it doesn't look like there is a leveling adjustment, although I suppose I could just use washers under the mounting holes to shim it...

Last edited by jten9; 07-09-2014 at 07:21 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-09-2014, 03:51 PM

There isnt any leveling, and I was concerned about it so I did buy some plastic shim stock.

However since fog lights arent as directional as headlight, when I went to shim them it made no noticeable difference. If it concerns you though you can easily shim it perfectly level. Dont use washers, theyre too thick. You should be able to pick up plastic shim stock at your local big box store.

Ive been remodeling my garage so I havent had that much time, but I hope to be able to wire up the DRLs this weekend and ill post pictures.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:29 AM

There isnt any leveling, and I was concerned about it so I did buy some plastic shim stock.

However since fog lights arent as directional as headlight, when I went to shim them it made no noticeable difference. If it concerns you though you can easily shim it perfectly level. Dont use washers, theyre too thick. You should be able to pick up plastic shim stock at your local big box store.

Ive been remodeling my garage so I havent had that much time, but I hope to be able to wire up the DRLs this weekend and ill post pictures.
Thanks for the reply and info... I'll follow your suggestion regarding shims, if necessary.

Definitely post pics when you get the drl's hooked up. I'll do the same, my lights are scheduled to arrive Monday

Old 07-12-2014, 10:18 PM

My lights arrived early, so was able to install them today

As ckmecha mentioned, they are aluminum with glass lens, and seem to be good quality.

The fog lights are bright; a nice replacement for the stock units. I would fully recommend them if looking fog lights.

The angel-eye drl's, on the other hand, are pretty dim. Almost invisible in the sunlight.

Nice fog lights, and recommended as fog lighting. As DRL's, YMMV.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:06 PM

Like I said, the DRL was secondary to the fog lights for me so I dragged a** getting them hooked up. Finally got it wired up this weekend. Finding a good acc wire to pull off was more than a hassle and if i knew ahead of time I wouldn't have hooked them up. Its done now though.

I did notice, there seems to be some logic chip built into the lights. It seems the DRL goes off when the fog light comes on. They definitely have a common ground as I blew a fuse when I hooked the DRL in reverse to start with.

I drew an acc signal from a connector in the kick panel on the passenger foot well. I pulled the wire through a grommet that had a rubber tube going into the space between the plastic and metal fender wells(probably fresh air vent tube for interior). I pulled the passenger front plastic fender well out and ran the wire forward to the fog light where I put in a relay. There is a convenient engine grounding bolt right near there. One thing I wished I would have done differently is install the two sides in series not parallel. That way if I want to disconnect them, I only have to take out one light to disconnect the connector.

Overall, good purchase if only for the fog lights. I could do without the DRL, but thats me personally. I think its a much cleaner installation than most of the strip LED DRLs ive seen and should be considered if youre looking.

Im really happy with the changes I made to the garage though. I highly recommend epoxying garage floors, and putting up florescent lighting is the best money ive spent in quite some time. Much easier to work in now.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Outlander XLS OEM fog lamps-20140727_170335%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by ckmecha; 07-28-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:54 AM

Thanks for the follow-up post and pics, ckmecha. I used the same grommet to pass the acc wire through the firewall as you did (although I used a fuse tap from the driver side fuse box, and also put a relay there). Looks good.

(off topic) Your garage floor looks great! I did similar to mine before we moved in, using red epoxy floor paint. Makes working on the toys much nicer

Old 09-23-2014, 12:38 PM

Hi,
So I plan to get one of those :

36W high power led car running fog light with cover for PEUGEOT FOCUS FIESTA RENAULT MEGANE SUZUKI CITROEN MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER -in Lights & Indicators from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
or

18W High Power 6 LED Fog Light Lamps w Halo Rings Fit Acura Honda Ford Subaru | eBay

So since you guy change them, did it broke again ?
I live in Edmonton too, and mine broke also, so if I plan to change the full assembly, I dont want it to break after 1 week.
Also witch one you guy suggest from those 2 ?

Last edited by armymen; 09-23-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:35 PM

The second one you list from ebay is the actual ones I bought, same seller as well. Im happy with them but I think the DRL is superfluous. Too early to tell about durability but should be about the same as OEM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Outlander XLS OEM fog lamps