Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 XLS- Sirius satelite

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Default 2010 XLS- Sirius satelite

I have a 2010 XLS. In Canada Mitsubishi provided six months of satelite service. I am not able to receive some of the stations. It seems that those stations tagged with 'adult content' are not being received.
When I log online to Sirius no problem I could listen to all stations.
I contacted Sirius and they said the account is setup to receive all.
Dealer has no clue, abd says I should be receiving all.

Does anyone out there have the same experiance? Or is there a way to unblock or reset?

I already followed the procedure in the users manual to make sure all channels are unlocked.

By the way an example is channel 99 Playboy radio.

Thanks

Old 06-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Default Sirius not set up

I picked up my car last night, the Siruis was not set up. I only received channel 184. HOw do I set up the radio?

Old 06-04-2010, 01:37 PM

The dealer should have enabled it for you (6 month trial). I believe the radio has to be on when the account is set up or you will have to wait for some time before the activation command is sent again. My Sirius tuner doesn't even get 184 when de-activated, it always says "updating..."

Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Default Sirius free trial

I recently bought an 2010 XLS here in Ottawa with the 6 month free Sirius deal and the sales manager told me you don't get all the stations with the free trial..you only get a sample. If you suscribe at the end of your free trial, you will get everything.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Default Sirius

I have resolved the issue with the Sat service.

Contact sirius customer service while in the car, they will walk you through a full rest and you shouls receive all stations with no limts.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Default Remove Sirius Please

Does anyone know where they mounted the Sirius module for the 6 disc "premium" radio? I imagine it's separate from the radio because I don't think Canada gets the option and I doubt MMNA would make completely separate radios. I would like to disconnect and hopefully remove the sirius station selections from my radio display. The new FUSE system is Fantastic IMO and I use the bluetooth audio streaming to stream Pandora and Sprint Radio right from my phone. Playing music on my phone, getting in and turning the key, my music is piped through the stereo. I can even change the song selection from the radio buttons. But those 4 sirius station menus are annoying to thumb past. Is there any way to disable Sirius and remove the selections from the LED screen?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 PM

Sirius in available in the US and Canada. As I mentioned before, I have it.
The Sirius module is always behind the glove box to the right...it says Sirius on. This is regardless of which radio/NAV you have.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:49 PM

I am happy to hear this. I pick up my outlander Saturday and I love pandora radio. I am excited to try it out.
Thanks
Chek6

Old 11-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
Sirius in available in the US and Canada. As I mentioned before, I have it.
The Sirius module is always behind the glove box to the right...it says Sirius on. This is regardless of which radio/NAV you have.
Will this method work on my 2010 Eclipse to disable the satellite choices on my LED radio display?

Is this satellite module inside of the glove box or actually behind it? How do I get behind the glove box, if so?

Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Old 11-20-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by gossamer
Will this method work on my 2010 Eclipse to disable the satellite choices on my LED radio display?

Is this satellite module inside of the glove box or actually behind it? How do I get behind the glove box, if so?

Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex
Unfasten the limiters on lower glove box (see manual for AC cabin filter replacement.
With lower glove box fully down Sirius unit is clearly visible. I'm not sure but it seems to be right above the AC filter.

Quick Reply: 2010 XLS- Sirius satelite