Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Default 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE

Just wanted to share. I traded in my 2004 Lancer Ralliart w/sun & sound for the 2011 Outlander Sport SE. First off, I was called 3 days after purchase and told they couldn't sell me the one I had. So they put me in another new one for about three days until they could find one like I had. They agreed to throw in the remote starter for my trouble. When they did find another one it also had the protection package (wheel locks, scuff plates, mud guards, tailgate & rear bumper protector) plus the rear view camera. But wait...it gets better. The window sticker said it had an aux video input jack but there was not one to be found. Long story short, Mitsubishi added the exterior sport package (front corner extensions, front bumper chrome, alloy fuel door, rear bumper garnish, and larger spoiler). Plan to also add the chrome mirror and door handle covers, hood protector, vent visors, roof rack, tint the front two windows, blue led front floor lighting and led map lights. I don't think I can add the rear tailgate blue led since the cut out is not there and I have the Rockford Fosgate sound system. If anyone knows if it is ok to add a trailer hitch I would appreciate it. Only problem so far are inability to play 4g iPod Touch through USB and end call button does not always end the call on my Droid. Was told it was a known issue that requires an update but was told by the dealer I have the latest update. Will upload pics later.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:56 PM

I passed on the OUtlander Sport for the Outlander because Mitsu does not have a towing recommendation for the Sport. In the owners manual, there is a "No Towing" picture.

Best consult the owners manual.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:05 PM

Don't feel bad it took me 2 months to find the exact configuration of my Outlander Sport. It will be easier to find them next year when they are built in Illinois. Aux video input jack should be in the armrest next to the USB port. Does it just have the Red/White composite connection? Rear taillight LED can be added as an accessory. It might be a pain and require drilling. Part # MZ590803EX. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-...-/390322911414. Curt makes a bolt on trailer hitch that takes 15-20 minutes to install http://sitepro12.sitepro.com/masterl..._12048_INS.pdf. If you were going to tow anything it should probably be pretty light and I think he is right it is not recommended. You can use that hitch to hold a bike rack or something but if it is a trailer it should probably be very small. I have not had any issues with the phone like you are having. I don't have a "Droid" phone but I am using a Motorola Defy Android phone using 2.2.1 software on the phone. Go into the phone settings on your Droid and go to about phone and click on system updates to see if anything is available. Hope this helps.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:56 PM

first off congrats. next off, can you post a pic of the spoiler? i have seen descriptions of the "large spoiler" but have yet to see a picture that shows anything different from the stock spoiler. its it longer, wider, etc. one of my gripes about the sport is the lack of interior lighting. i have the panoramic ceiling with led lighting, but that is far from adequate for lighting the rear seats.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 AM

I see you're thinking of adding the roof rack, and it just so happens that I have one to sell... brand new in the box. ;^)

I didn't see where you mentioned which roof you have, standard or glass roof w/rails. I have the OEM rack for the standard roof, part # MZ314504. See my listing here...