Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Mitsubishi Outlander facelift spy photos undisguised

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Default 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander facelift spy photos undisguised

I wonder what new options it will have?

from the article:
Spotted at a port in Japan getting ready for shipment, the production-ready Outlanders didn't carry any disguise even though the car has not been officially unveiled yet. These spy shots provide a clear view of the rear end which adopts significantly different taillights which have grown in size and feature red graphics. There are also some chrome accents and a redesigned bumper now hosting the fog lights.

4 pictures and article

Old 03-09-2015, 05:32 PM

I have anxiously been awaiting the official reveal of the facelifted 2016 Outlander scheduled for next month. That being stated, this looks good. From what I can see of the limited pics of the front end, the front end looks pretty close to what I imagined based on recent spy shots and prototypes of the recent past. I can't wait to see the interior.

I wonder what market(s) these are destined.

Thanks for posting.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:51 PM

I like the wheels they have on.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:35 PM

i received two tickets/invitations for private viewing of 2016 Outlander at NY auto show. I think i will go to check it out.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:32 AM

Did anyone else notice the bumper lights are asymmetrical? I suppose you really only need one backup light, but to me it throws off the aesthetics.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by ckmecha
Did anyone else notice the bumper lights are asymmetrical? I suppose you really only need one backup light, but to me it throws off the aesthetics.
I spy a small clear lens on each side at the base of the rear parking/brake lights. Is it possible that the one clear light at the left side of the rear bumper is a rear fog light?

Old 03-19-2015, 12:57 PM

In Euro-spec models there is only one reverse light, another one is rear fog light.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:32 AM

Here is the front

From the article:
A new spy photo of the facelifted Mitsubishi Outlander shows the front end of the vehicle with no camouflage.

Full Article

Old 03-20-2015, 09:58 PM

From the photo of the refreshed front end, it appears that not only will the new Outlander possess LEDs along the lower portion of the headlamp assembly, but the headlights may in fact use LED technology as well. My only concern is that the new front end closely models that of the new Lexus corporate front end.

That being stated, I like the look of this front design compared to the 2014 and 2015 models.

Last edited by BlueMitsu; 03-20-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by BlueMitsu
From the photo of the refreshed front end, it appears that not only will the new Outlander possess LEDs along the lower portion of the headlamp assembly, but the headlights may in fact use LED technology as well. My only concern is that the new front end closely models that of the new Lexus corporate front end.

That being stated, I like the look of this front design compared to the 2014 and 2015 models.

I think so too.

Quick Reply: 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander facelift spy photos undisguised