Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Outlander GT (Canadian) - Service Reminder Problems and AUTO wipers, TPMS sets

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Smile GT or SE

Magic18, I don't Know if you've looked at the GT or the SE ? But the GT is about between 3, to 4 thousand dollars Higher then the SE. There isn't Much difference between the SE and the GT. The only thing I know is the GT has the V6 and Diffrent wheels on it. Conpaired to the SE. So if your after the V6 you can get that in the SE model and the Sunroof! So it depends on why you whant the GT and what you like. I got my new 2015 Outlander SE in Aug and the only thing I whanted was the sunroof and the Navigation . But those two features are of course higher in price. And that would of made my payment higher. So I'm Really Happy with what I got so I hope I was of some help? Let us know when you Get your Outlander. They are Very Sharp!!!!

Old 12-08-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Copper penny
Magic18, I don't Know if you've looked at the GT or the SE ? But the GT is about between 3, to 4 thousand dollars Higher then the SE. There isn't Much difference between the SE and the GT. The only thing I know is the GT has the V6 and Diffrent wheels on it. Conpaired to the SE. So if your after the V6 you can get that in the SE model and the Sunroof! So it depends on why you whant the GT and what you like. I got my new 2015 Outlander SE in Aug and the only thing I whanted was the sunroof and the Navigation . But those two features are of course higher in price. And that would of made my payment higher. So I'm Really Happy with what I got so I hope I was of some help? Let us know when you Get your Outlander. They are Very Sharp!!!!
i am getting the GT model because i wanted leather and power lift gate. Navigation alone is a 2000$ option which i think is not worth the money.
but i can't get dealer to offer me a good price (eg invoice).

Old 12-09-2015, 12:42 AM
Smile

Yes, leather seats Is really nice! That's what my wife whanted. In ours we got half leather and half cloth.Yeah I think you can find a good deal and get what you whant let us know when you get your GT and please post some pictures

Old 01-11-2016, 08:06 PM

For my '16 outlander GT (No NAV package) we paid around $34,500 (+taxes and finances). it was advertised at $38,000, but we had a $1500 loyalty discount from mitsu, (own a lancer evo as well) and we got another 2000 off the sticker price haggling the price down. We also received "free" lifetime oil changes (2 per year max, and they charge $30 for the filter lol) I bought one for $8 haha. Obviously the $30 covers there cost on the synthetic 0w20 oil and the filter. Also included in the sale price was a set of OEM steel wheels, yokohama ipike winter tires and 4 oem tpms sensors.

Anyways to update the original thread...

Talked to the service manager, and it turns out that the mechanics are not properly trained yet to work on the '16 outlander models yet. They found out how now to properly program the TPMS module for 2 separate sets of wheels/tires/tpms sensors. They said its the first year that Mitsubishi has had 2 set option on the tpms module, so they didn't know how yet when I had my winter tire package installed. They said they will program the 2nd set of winter tires for free when I come in to have them changed back over, YAY

As far as the matienece indicator being set at 12,000... again its a training issue with the mechanics at the dealer for sure. They admitted they just don't know how to do it. (they only know how to reset it with the instrument cluster button). What they need to do is go in with the scan tool and go to the instrument cluster module, then to service reset and manually change the periodic interval manually. unable to do this by the instrument cluster button until it is programmed with the scan tool. They asked if on my first oil change if I could come in and show them how I do it, and bring my snap on scan tool in to show them how. HAHAHAHAHA, they want me to train the dealer techs, lol maybe ill get my "free" oil change out of it for free haha

Been monitoring the slow oil leak from the rear main seal, its still very slowly leaking and leaving a good stain. That will also be looked at on the first oil change as well. Most likely the trans will have to come off and the rear main seal replaced under warrantee.

Currently the outlander has around 4500 km's on it so far.

The auto wipers seem to be working fine now. just get light squeeking when the snow/rain is coming down slowly. don't really notice it very often

One thing I found out that's sorta annoying is the rear retractable cargo cover does not fit in the storage area due to the subwoofer being on the GT model. Mitsu sorta just ignored that and I noticed it says "will not fit in the storage area with the premium audio package" pfft. thanks mitsu. maybe ill just cut a hole in my new car's subwoofer enclosure instead haha. For now we store the cargo cover inside our house.