Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Outlander possible rear suspension squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Default 2016 Outlander possible rear suspension squeaks

Hi,

I was surprised today when I heard rear suspension squeak / creak (like an old bed does) in my new Outlander 2016 when I went slowly over some speed bumps. I don't recall hearing these the last time I went over a speed bump a month ago let's say.

I live in Montreal Canada and today the temperature droped to -11c and the Outlander has some 9200KM (5700mi) in it... Did not reach the first oil change yet.

When back to my internal garage, I tried to move the rear car up and down to hear any noise but nothing I could produce from moving it... Probably could not compress it enough...

I will certainly take it to the dealer to take a look at it as soon as I have time but I was wondering if temperature does this to the suspesions or if there are any known flaws in this model.

thanks

Old 01-11-2016, 06:06 PM

I live in Montreal as well. Isn't first oil change at 8000km? Or every 6 months?
What model do you have? I have a 2016 gt

Old 01-11-2016, 07:25 PM

yeah, I live in British Columbia and my owners manual says 8000km/6 month is the normal service interval. My outlander came saying "12,000km" interval, which I had to change manually with my snap on scan tool. They dealer tried and tried to change it to 8000 km, but turns out the technicians are not properly trained in resetting it with the scan tool and gave up

I havnt heard any squeeks yet besides a tiny squeak from my rear brakes sometimes when backing up first thing in the morning. but the temperature here near Vancouver BC hasn't got any colder then -5 degrees celcius yet this year.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:42 PM

Mine is set to 12000KM as well and they did not change it at the dealer. Now you worried me that they might not know how and they kept it as is. So I wonder if I am due as I have already 9500KM in it :-/

As for the Squeeks, I can confirm that when it is really cold and dry weather outside, I mean around -10c, if I get over a speed bump, slowly indeed, I hear rear squeeks. When it is raining or snowing and if it is sleeping in the garage all night, it does not do that...

Anyways I will make them look at it when they do my oil change but now I think I will contact them for that since you say it is 8000 and not 12000...

Mine is ES AWC Premium with 4cyl engine.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:21 PM

The owners manual also states that for "severe" service locations (which quebec may be considered given the low temps) are supposed to use a 6000km oil change/service interval. I would suspect this to be more of a issue on taxi/delievery vehicles that do a lot of idle time. With SN spec 0w20 synthetic oil, 8000km/6 month seems about right, and probably what your dealer will recommend.

I changed my oil at 1000km due to the small metal particals that are thrown into the crankcase during bearing/cam/ring break in when the engine is new. Figured it would be good to change the oil and filter eary just to be safe, eventhough the dealer doesn't recommend or require it. I'm planning on changing my oil at 8000 km mark, and have changed the service mileage indicator to match that (had to use my snap on scan tool to program the instrument cluster properly)

Old 01-12-2016, 06:47 PM

I will take a look at the manual.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:18 PM

Just to give a follow up regarding the 1rst Oil Change.

I contacted the service department at the dealer where I got my Outlander 2016 and they said, yes, it is 8000Km as recommanded by the manuf.

I then asked them why didn't they program the vehicle properly before delivery to avoid misleading an owner who trusts and relies on the indicator programmed by the manufacturer and never think to consult the traditional manual to cross check...

To this question I did not get an answer... All dealers have this issues it seems...

In any case, they will check the suspensions as well... Will update...

Old 01-16-2016, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Karamich
Just to give a follow up regarding the 1rst Oil Change.

I contacted the service department at the dealer where I got my Outlander 2016 and they said, yes, it is 8000Km as recommanded by the manuf.

I then asked them why didn't they program the vehicle properly before delivery to avoid misleading an owner who trusts and relies on the indicator programmed by the manufacturer and never think to consult the traditional manual to cross check...

To this question I did not get an answer... All dealers have this issues it seems...

In any case, they will check the suspensions as well... Will update...
Good evening,

First forums post here. I read with interest the CA owners and the 8000 km oil change spec.
I signed a deal to buy a 2016 GT today and at the service dep't introduction the service writer asked me if I had the lifetime oil changes included. I said yes. He gave me the schedule and a record book for oil/filter changes every 6000 km and/or 3 months. That is the criteria for that program. Also, 100% synthetic Mobil.

So 8k and 12k are interesting from that perspective.

Old 01-17-2016, 02:43 AM

In the manual 6000km interval is "severe" service. Which cali may be due to how hot and dusty it is there.

Karamich. When u get your 1st oil change done, see if they can program the service interval to 8000km/6 month for you. It can be done with the factory scan tool, and I do it all the time with my snap on scanner. Dealeres seem to have a training issue learning how to set it properly

Old 01-17-2016, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by turbocolts
In the manual 6000km interval is "severe" service. Which cali may be due to how hot and dusty it is there.

Karamich. When u get your 1st oil change done, see if they can program the service interval to 8000km/6 month for you. It can be done with the factory scan tool, and I do it all the time with my snap on scanner. Dealeres seem to have a training issue learning how to set it properly
Sorry for the misunderstanding. CA being Canada. And it would seem to me the extreme service would be here with the seasonal and humidity changes. Perhaps not.
I always thought Cali is Ca?

Quick Reply: 2016 Outlander possible rear suspension squeaks