Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2016 Outlander possible rear suspension squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 01:23 PM

Haha, yeah CA or CA, I'm not sure. Canada could definalty be considered for "severe" service area for sure with cold weather we get up here.

I also got the "free" lifetime oil changes as well when I bought my '16 GT, the limitations are 2 oil changes per year max. My service department said they recommend 8000km but u can do 6000km if you wanted to. They still charge $30 canadian for the oil filter... hahaha I buy the filters from the parts department for $8, so obviously the $30 covers there cost of 4.5L of 0w20 oil and filter. But $30 synthetic oil change is definatly still a good deal. (normally around $70-80 anywhere else)

Old 01-17-2016, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by turbocolts
Haha, yeah CA or CA, I'm not sure. Canada could definalty be considered for "severe" service area for sure with cold weather we get up here.

I also got the "free" lifetime oil changes as well when I bought my '16 GT, the limitations are 2 oil changes per year max. My service department said they recommend 8000km but u can do 6000km if you wanted to. They still charge $30 canadian for the oil filter... hahaha I buy the filters from the parts department for $8, so obviously the $30 covers there cost of 4.5L of 0w20 oil and filter. But $30 synthetic oil change is definatly still a good deal. (normally around $70-80 anywhere else)
Yes, the dealer said the oil and filter change is priced at $82.50.
So when a service is done that has other components checked/serviced the $82.50 is deducted from the cost. They will do 4 per year.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Outlandish1
Sorry for the misunderstanding. CA being Canada. And it would seem to me the extreme service would be here with the seasonal and humidity changes. Perhaps not.
I always thought Cali is Ca?
Hello,

Yes I am in Canada, in Montreal. my wife is taking the Outlander 16 tomorrow for the first oil change. The dealer said 8000Km as I mentioned before. I wish I had asked before and not relied on the electronic gauge service notification. Now it is 10000KM :/

I find that a lousy behavior from dealers that can affect yet again the brand reputation.

I think it is true that they are not trained well to re-program it. Upon delivery of my OT back in august, they were 3 at the dealership, consulting each others and trying to fiddle with the vehicle to see how to open this and close that, the starter etc. They were learning yet this vehicle resembles allot the previous generation in terms of usability except for the look that was refreshed + under the hood stuff

Cheers

Old 01-18-2016, 06:39 PM

Ok so they changed the Oil, filter etc etc said it's not an issue that I went up to 10K due to gauge mis-programming, re-programmed the gaugue to 8K or 5 month.

Did a list of casual inspection on the vehicule stuff all is good

And they put some grease on the rear suspensions that they thought were "dry" and they cause the squeeking, and they told us to come put some whenever the squeeks are back... Ummmmm that is a very normal cure for a brand new vehicule.

In any case the bill is 87$ (Canadian) including province taxes (Montreal, Qc)

I used to spend 60$ taxes included at Chrysler back when I had the super unreliable Jeep Patriot

Last edited by Karamich; 01-18-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:08 PM

Another follow up for those who might get the rear suspension noise squeaks or creaks over speed bumps.

The grease they put the last time my wife took it there did not change anything, the sounds remained.

I took an appointment last week and went this morning. I talked to the technician directly and he said this is the Rubbers whatever we call, the one that compresses, when it is too cold, it gets stiff and it makes this sound. Others had this as well.

He said that in Japan they know about the humid weather but not the harsh cold temp we have here (by the way I am in Montreal Canada). So their rubber is not chosen accordingly.

In any case, he said it is the rubber type that gets cold and stiff and makes this sound happen.

There was also a recall on the transmission programming they did for me as I was there.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:57 PM

Can't find any info yet on the transmission programming recall. Yours is a 2016 GT with the 6 speed transmission? Or the 4 cyl option with CVT?

I have noticed sometimes a slight "clunk" feeling when letting off the brake at a stoplight, very minor, but I notice it. I just replaced the engine at work on a 2015 outlander GT (customer took a rock to the radiator on the highway, drained the coolant and overheated it. Took it for a good test drive. I noticed the same "clunk" or slip feeling on that outlander GT as well, so I doubt it's a problem with mine.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:17 PM

Mine is a 4 cyl AWD sorry for not mentioning that

Regarding the clunk in the brake, I don't have it, unless I am not focusing on it. My only annoyance is the rear suspension rubber whatever squeak

Old 02-06-2016, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Karamich
Another follow up for those who might get the rear suspension noise squeaks or creaks over speed bumps.

The grease they put the last time my wife took it there did not change anything, the sounds remained.

I took an appointment last week and went this morning. I talked to the technician directly and he said this is the Rubbers whatever we call, the one that compresses, when it is too cold, it gets stiff and it makes this sound. Others had this as well.

He said that in Japan they know about the humid weather but not the harsh cold temp we have here (by the way I am in Montreal Canada). So their rubber is not chosen accordingly.

In any case, he said it is the rubber type that gets cold and stiff and makes this sound happen.

There was also a recall on the transmission programming they did for me as I was there.
I call BS here. Mitsubishi has been manufacturing vehicles for cold weather markets for a long time. For them to put a tropical rubber spec in Outlanders and send them to Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia, etc, would be highly unlikely.
Even if it is a mistake then there would need to be a warranty replacement (recall) to replace the suspension rubber. I would take it to a different dealer for a discussion.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Outlandish1
I call BS here. Mitsubishi has been manufacturing vehicles for cold weather markets for a long time. For them to put a tropical rubber spec in Outlanders and send them to Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia, etc, would be highly unlikely.
Even if it is a mistake then there would need to be a warranty replacement (recall) to replace the suspension rubber. I would take it to a different dealer for a discussion.
Thanks for the advise, I will do that