Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2018 Outlander Sport LE - options for upgrading audio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 08:43 PM
Default 2018 Outlander Sport LE - options for upgrading audio?

Hi everyone, new owner here. My LE came with 4 speakers - any sugggestions on upgrading them?

Also, I’m looking for info on the radio. I swear when I first got it that there were a few options that no longer show up (hd radio, SiriusXM, etc).

Happy New Year!

Old 01-04-2019, 07:09 AM

I have a 2016 and I upgraded the radio and speakers on mine I have the back up camera but the radio was basic and crap, very low quality graphics, I ordered an android 8.0 unit from china, it was $455 including express shipping got it in 2 days, front speakers are Precision power 6 1/2" and rear door are rocksford Fosgate 6 1/2", my seller can be contacted via wassup the new unit will require a hotspot if you want the all of the functions to work, is plug and play other than having to run a reverse wire from the fuse box and it sounds amazing.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by NM156
Hi everyone, new owner here. My LE came with 4 speakers - any sugggestions on upgrading them?

Also, I’m looking for info on the radio. I swear when I first got it that there were a few options that no longer show up (hd radio, SiriusXM, etc).

Happy New Year!

There are many options to upgrade the audio system of your Outlander Sport depending on how much money you are willing to spend, what requirements you wish your upgraded system to meet, and what the level of your skills and willingness are in getting your own hands dirty.
This topic was extensively discussed in many dedicated and in scattered threads in the Outlander Sport (RVR/ASX) forum. I suggest you should do an "Advanced Search" there within the Outlander Sport forum and you will find ample of information. I provide a link for a few dedicated threads as an appetizer:
Audio Help Please
Installed the Hot Audio 10.1" Android Radio
Audio - whats in your O.S.?
Audio System

Additionally, some useful information on the install of some audio parts and systems are found below:
Infected 2013 RVR (see posts from #19)
Outlander Sport Factory Radio Sub Install
My extremely low cost hybrid solution is shown in post #866 in this thread:What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (RVR/ASX) today?
In nutshell, you definitely should do sound deadening in the doors at least before considering any audio component upgrade.
sound deadening
The possibilities are endless from that point on.
Good luck!

Last edited by AWCAWD; 01-04-2019 at 05:40 PM. Reason: fixing links
Old 01-09-2019, 04:29 PM

Hi, planning to buy 2017 / 2018 Outlander for highway miles. Please advise how is the ride and any suggestion for new buyer besides the audio n speaker issues

Old 01-09-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
There are many options to upgrade the audio system of your Outlander Sport depending on how much money you are willing to spend, what requirements you wish your upgraded system to meet, and what the level of your skills and willingness are in getting your own hands dirty.
This topic was extensively discussed in many dedicated and in scattered threads in the Outlander Sport (RVR/ASX) forum. I suggest you should do an "Advanced Search" there within the Outlander Sport forum and you will find ample of information. I provide a link for a few dedicated threads as an appetizer:
Audio Help Please
Installed the Hot Audio 10.1" Android Radio
Audio - whats in your O.S.?
Audio System

Additionally, some useful information on the install of some audio parts and systems are found below:
Infected 2013 RVR (see posts from #19)
Outlander Sport Factory Radio Sub Install
My extremely low cost hybrid solution is shown in post #866 in this thread:What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (RVR/ASX) today?
In nutshell, you definitely should do sound deadening in the doors at least before considering any audio component upgrade.
sound deadening
The possibilities are endless from that point on.
Good luck!
Holy cow and Thanks! I’ve got my work cut out for me.

Old 05-07-2021, 07:02 AM

i got the tesla style head unit for my 2018 outlander sport se and seams to work just fine little expensive but worth it has a 10.1 inch display lots of hook ups for video aux subwoofer look it up