Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2020 Outlander 8 Inch Touch Screen Has Dead Spots.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 06:39 PM
Default 2020 Outlander 8 Inch Touch Screen Has Dead Spots.

I recently purchased a 2020 Outlander that has an 8-inch screen with dead spots. I went to the dealer to see what they can do and they informed me that they would have to send it out in order to get fixed and that they did not have an ETA on when it will be returned.

According to the service advisor, this is a known issue. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was done to fix the problem? Can anyone recommend a replacement screen if they went ahead and replaced it with a non-OEM part?

Thank you for your help.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:11 PM
Default Same issue

Hi my issue with the infotainment screen started last week. How long was it before you were able to get your screen fixed, it’s driving me crazy. I was able to reset and now my time is all messed up and I can’t change it. Let me know how it went.

Old 08-19-2022, 03:31 PM
Default To new to not work properly

My screen started doing this about a month ago and it’s driving me crazy! Any updates on how to fix it?

Old 09-12-2022, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tertia
My screen started doing this about a month ago and it’s driving me crazy! Any updates on how to fix it?
HOW CAN I MAKE IT work?

Old 10-19-2022, 08:36 AM

My daughter's car has the same issue, there are replacement screens available for about $450 on ebay, just wondering why would I spend that on to fix something that is obviously defective. I'm looking for a replacement stereo, any recommendations?

Old 01-06-2023, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Nifty1963
My daughter's car has the same issue, there are replacement screens available for about $450 on ebay, just wondering why would I spend that on to fix something that is obviously defective. I'm looking for a replacement stereo, any recommendations?
Hi,I just made these touch screens. price is about 150 usd for a new one. Please feel free to contact me. shipping worldwide with fedex possible.
it will fix all the problems with not working touch screen in Mitsubishi outlander models

two versions are available for both radios shown below:

Old 01-25-2023, 02:05 PM
Cool Solution....-ish

So I had my digitizer go out about 6 months ago. It was going to be ~$900 to fix something I fully believe Mitsubishi should fix for free seeing as it is a very widespread issue. I put it off because the aspects of the touchscreen I needed (GPS, Phone, Music app) were still in spots that worked. Today I got a new phone not thinking about the fact it wouldn't be paired to my car. Well, an hour of frustration at not being able to pair my phone later due to the "enable" button for pairing being in a dead spot I had an idea. The digitizer simply sends your touches and swipes to the LCD itself as a signal. I grabbed my wireless mouse, plugged it into the USB slot in the car and behold, a cursor. I was then able to navigate the screen and pair my phone. I was also able to bring up GPS and fully use it. I haven't tried it on the settings yet as I had to get back to work. As it stands I will still be keeping 900 of my dollars. Score one for ADHD thinking.

Old 01-25-2023, 02:06 PM

I just hooked up a wireless mouse and was able to deal with it.

Old 07-14-2023, 07:54 AM

Same issue with mine. Trying to resolve through warranty.
Have any of you tried via Authorised dealer and how did it take? Is there a big backlog of screens that need replacing?

Old 07-14-2023, 08:50 PM

If you are in Australia your Mitsubishi dealer will confirm your eligibility and get you a new unit under a recall. It is a known concern with these units.

Quick Reply: 2020 Outlander 8 Inch Touch Screen Has Dead Spots.