Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2nd Gen after market

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Default RE: 2nd Gen after market

what the hell. Does everyone want a damn nudge bar but me.
Me personally, I love the way the front of this truck looks, and dont want to muck it up with a bunch of damn metal tubes all over it.
of well, maybe it is just me after all

Old 03-18-2007, 07:16 PM

I agree with you, the only tasteful improvement I've seen to the front of an 07 outlander IMHO is the sports mesh grill

Old 03-18-2007, 08:05 PM

amen to that.
The sports mesh grill that matches what comes standard on the lower grill is freakin awsome.
nothing else looks right.
Though I dont really care for the way the sports mesh splits the upper grill area in two, reminds me of pontiac.
Mitsu makes one that is just like the lower one, only for the upper area, and it has a small diamond star in it. Thats the one I like

Old 03-18-2007, 08:34 PM

The nudge bar does not take any thing away from the front end in my opinion, It seems to follow the lines verry well and its verry practical too. It also adds character, agresiveness and some protection to your bumber from those below 5mph bumps (my wife worries me on this). lol. Not to mentionI can add those nice Hella driving lights and improve my night vision.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: soundcolor

amen to that.
The sports mesh grill that matches what comes standard on the lower grill is freakin awsome.
nothing else looks right.
Though I dont really care for the way the sports mesh splits the upper grill area in two, reminds me of pontiac.
Mitsu makes one that is just like the lower one, only for the upper area, and it has a small diamond star in it. Thats the one I like

Old 03-18-2007, 09:40 PM

Mesh grill and a nudge bar would make it stand out.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 PM

zontarch, thats the one, and I personally love it.
OTO, I couldnt agree with you more on the protection it adds, it definiatly saves the front end from small impacts, however IMO, It takes away from the front end in that it hides the faux plastic skid-plate from the factory,
In the above pictures, the stock xls looks bitchin (as always) the second "warrior" spec pic just looks stupid, the third bar, doesnt end in a logical place, and I see it possibly getting clipped on something when backing out of somewhere. Not to mention, while it does follow the factory lines, it tries to stay low so as to not interfere with flow from to the radiator, however it covers up that fake plastic skid-plate. The last one, IMO is the best looking, and if I were going to get one, its the one I would get. It follows the lines where it needs to, adds the protection you are looking for, and ends in a logical point on both sides of the front bumper. However, it does come up awful high, and I think in any sort ofa crash, it would bend, and damage the factory bumper. Not to mention, the lights are awsome, but completely block air-flow to the upper portion of the radiator, and to the "ram air" inlet. Which is bad juju.
Oh well, to each his own.