Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

3rd Row Seats in 2010 Outie LS-4WD

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Thumbs down 3rd Row Seats in 2010 Outie LS-4WD

Hi, I'm a recent Outie owner having purchased my very first Mitsubishi in Dec '09 - a 2010 Outlander LS-4WD. Love the handling, power and yes....even the "angry" front grill. . The LS model does not include the chrome surround for the grill nor the front skid plate but I hope to add those later.(The XLS model comes with them but at the time of purchase, my budget didn't allow for the XLS. )

My complaint so far is aimed at the 3rd Row Seats - they are IMO, only suited for tiny people and appear a bit flimsy. Does anyone else feel the same way? I haven't researched it yet, but I will try to remove those seats. Perhaps I may save on fuel by lightening the Outie's weight??? Don't know how much they weigh but every little bit counts, right? lol

Hopefully, they should not be too difficult to remove. If I succeed, I'll post a writeup.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by arelle20
Hi, I'm a recent Outie owner having purchased my very first Mitsubishi in Dec '09 - a 2010 Outlander LS-4WD. Love the handling, power and yes....even the "angry" front grill. . The LS model does not include the chrome surround for the grill nor the front skid plate but I hope to add those later.(The XLS model comes with them but at the time of purchase, my budget didn't allow for the XLS. )

My complaint so far is aimed at the 3rd Row Seats - they are IMO, only suited for tiny people and appear a bit flimsy. Does anyone else feel the same way? I haven't researched it yet, but I will try to remove those seats. Perhaps I may save on fuel by lightening the Outie's weight??? Don't know how much they weigh but every little bit counts, right? lol

Hopefully, they should not be too difficult to remove. If I succeed, I'll post a writeup.

Hey,

I have a 09 Outie LS and can't stand the 3rd row either. I have asked about removing them as well..One guy said he removed the sub first (he had the XLS) and said he thought there was only 6 bolts holding the row down....but he couldn't recall - said it wasn't too bad.

If you do it, please do a write up since I would probably need all the help I can get

Old 03-18-2010, 08:32 PM

search the threads - i saw a posting describing how to do this and something about the 3rd row seats being ~115lbs.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:00 AM

If you take them out and want to sell them please let me know!!

Old 04-09-2010, 02:06 PM

There are 4 bolts, which you need a socket wrench for, in order to remove the seats. I believe one bolt is shared with the subwoofer, for which you have to undo 4 bolts for along with the trim that covers the top two subwoofer bolts where it says "Rocford Fosgate."
I have taken the subwoofer partially out, and even after undoing those bolts it still wouldn't budge easily.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:55 PM

I like the 3rd row seating for my lifestyle. I have an 08 XLS and there's just my son and I in our happy little family.

The 3rd row only gets used twice a year... My son's birthday party and Halloween. They are really only good for very small people (my family is short - all us ladies are 5' or less) and kids (big enough to be out of booster seats / car seats). So when we have extra kids tagging along we have the room, and the rest of the time, they are out of the way. A nice feature for my lifestyle and situation but certainly not for everyone.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
There are 4 bolts, which you need a socket wrench for, in order to remove the seats. I believe one bolt is shared with the subwoofer, for which you have to undo 4 bolts for along with the trim that covers the top two subwoofer bolts where it says "Rocford Fosgate."
I have taken the subwoofer partially out, and even after undoing those bolts it still wouldn't budge easily.

So if you take them out is there a cover that you can get to fill in the hole or anything like that? DOes Mitsubishi have them?

Old 04-10-2010, 05:26 PM

It's about $145. Part #2. Part #4 is an organizer that goes in the hole if you don't have the third row seat. It's about $45. I didn't see a part #. But you can see it at autocenter.net. Collision Catalog - 2009 - Mitsubishi - Outlander Rear body and floor, Interior trim, Floor mat, Floor mat - 5 passenger - 5 passenger