Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Aftermarket fitting of MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Default Aftermarket fitting of MMCS

Hi all

My first post on here after a few days scouring the forum!

I bought an 09 Outlander a couple of months ago and absolutely love it!

Looking at the MMCS in other Mitsubishi's has made me a little jealous though and I have decided to get hold of a 2nd hand unit and fit one for myself. For me this will have the advantage of :

- Replacing my ageing portable satnav (its getting quite old and I've never been a fan of having to hide it everytime I'm done with it and clean the sucker marks off the windscreen)
- Uprating the music system (I spend an average of 2 hours in the car each day so this is quite important)
- Incorporating a reversing camera
- Retaining the function of the bluetooth steering wheel controls

I've managed to order a nice looking 2nd hand unit, gps antennae, mounting bracket and canbus box with leads and am just after some advice on the best looking and quality fascia to mount it in without leaving a gap around the unit...

From my own googling and forum posts I've found:

Scosche - 2007 - up Mistsubisi Outlander

Metra - https://metradealer.com/api/vfg/view-product/id/99-7013

Chinese - Chinese-Factory.com Team - Mitsubishi Outlander 2DIN Refitting Frame D-15-01-03

Dynamic sounds - Connects2 CT23MT01 Mitsubishi Outlander Car Stereo Double Din Fascia Panel

Or any others?

Also can anyone off an opinion on a wired CCD reversing camera similar in design to this one: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I would like to fit one without drilling anything as I may removed it when I come to sell the car...

Quite lengthy for a first post but thanks for reading and any advice you can offer will be gratefully received

Cheers

Chris

Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by cmwood
Hi all

My first post on here after a few days scouring the forum!

I bought an 09 Outlander a couple of months ago and absolutely love it!

Looking at the MMCS in other Mitsubishi's has made me a little jealous though and I have decided to get hold of a 2nd hand unit and fit one for myself. For me this will have the advantage of :

- Replacing my ageing portable satnav (its getting quite old and I've never been a fan of having to hide it everytime I'm done with it and clean the sucker marks off the windscreen)
- Uprating the music system (I spend an average of 2 hours in the car each day so this is quite important)
- Incorporating a reversing camera
- Retaining the function of the bluetooth steering wheel controls

I've managed to order a nice looking 2nd hand unit, gps antennae, mounting bracket and canbus box with leads and am just after some advice on the best looking and quality fascia to mount it in without leaving a gap around the unit...

From my own googling and forum posts I've found:

Scosche - 2007 - up Mistsubisi Outlander

Metra - https://metradealer.com/api/vfg/view-product/id/99-7013

Chinese - Chinese-Factory.com Team - Mitsubishi Outlander 2DIN Refitting Frame D-15-01-03

Dynamic sounds - Connects2 CT23MT01 Mitsubishi Outlander Car Stereo Double Din Fascia Panel

Or any others?

Also can anyone off an opinion on a wired CCD reversing camera similar in design to this one: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I would like to fit one without drilling anything as I may removed it when I come to sell the car...

Quite lengthy for a first post but thanks for reading and any advice you can offer will be gratefully received

Cheers

Chris
I think you'll want to find a stock factory trim panel, it will fit better than any of the aftermarket ones if they fit the mmcs at all.
as far as the backup camera, there are several threads here on the forum discussing different camera options, I will be looking into this shortly myself since I am doing the same thing you are. My parts all showed up today so I'll be installing them this weekend

Old 02-03-2012, 07:42 AM

Where did you guys buy your MMCS units?

I would love to put one in mine.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by theewz
Where did you guys buy your MMCS units?

I would love to put one in mine.
Ebay. there is one on there right now, but its just the head unit, you would have to buy the install kit separately. seaching some of the online mitsubishi parts dealers will find you the best price on the install kit, or keep watching ebay for one to pop up..

Old 02-06-2012, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Broncoman75
Ebay. there is one on there right now, but its just the head unit, you would have to buy the install kit separately. seaching some of the online mitsubishi parts dealers will find you the best price on the install kit, or keep watching ebay for one to pop up..

Weird, All I can find are the chinese knock offs.

what are you searching for ?

Thanks for the help btw I didnt mean to highjack the thread :/

Old 02-20-2012, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by theewz
Weird, All I can find are the chinese knock offs.

what are you searching for ?

Thanks for the help btw I didnt mean to highjack the thread :/
Apologies for the delay in replying!

I got mine from ebay. They don't seem to come up all the time but if you keep checking every now and then I'm sure you will find one.

The problem I have had though is that the double DIN fascia panel I bought (the metra one) doesn't fit the MMCS which is wider than standard double DIN.

Turns out I need an OEM fascia panel. Anyone know the best place to get one that will definitely fit the MMCS?

Thanks

Old 02-20-2012, 05:15 PM

OK I've found this one (http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...ey=403-034-001 in another thread on here but £114 is a heck of a lot of money compared to the £30 odd for the standard double DIN fascia that I have. Does anyone know anywhere else that sells the wider one for less?