Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Aftermarket stereo install finished (56kkiller)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Default RE: Aftermarket stereo install finished (56kkiller)

The amplifier circuit is a TDA 7563 4X27W.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13320/8605827B9BEB4689A0B64BF35146019A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-16-2007, 11:20 AM

No RCA's in or out. The connector behind the center panel ends up feeding the wiring harness, but nothing that doesn't require splicing.

Cutienoua... can you tell enough about the circuit layout to tell if there are line-level outputs on the connectors - or only the speaker level outs? It would save someone buying the cleansweep or 3sixty if they could splice into line levels.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: OTO27
I would also liked for this to be answered, I poped that cover in the back of my arm rest but the wires were not there(LS, with base stereo), my only hope now is that there is some kind of aux input in the unit it self.
I'm suprised you don't have the wires in the console... but anyway, you could still splice into the wiring harness at the head unit to create your own RCA inputs. The head unit should be the same.

If you look back through my pictures, there is a kind of crappy picture of a closeup of a wiring harness. I can't see the pics here from work.. but I think it's good enough to determine which of the harnesses it is. The wires are orange, red, and brown. You could splice RCA's into that for aux in.... just do some trial and error to figure out which one is ground (I only remember it isn't brown).

Old 08-16-2007, 11:41 AM

just buy an inline converter, theyre like 20 or 30 bucks and you splice in to your rear spaker wire and ground it and just plug the RCA's into it and the amp and you have bass.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:13 AM

It is possible to find that line-level output,but it will require soldering and is not something everybody should try.Plus this radio is so bad,I don't think willworth the trouble.Unless I'll start a business out of this!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:25 AM
ash

I have the normal stereo in my Outlander, but not the RCA connectors in the centre console (UK model)

When I hold down the CD button for a second or two on the radio it goes to AUX on the display. Does this mean that somewhere there is a way of getting an input into the stereo. I'm pretty sure that Mitsubishi wouldn't have fitted a different radio for the UK Market. If the RCA lead on the US version goes straight into the terminal plug on the back of the Unit then wouldn't it just be a simple question of finding out what pins are used and adding a lead with the right pins into the terminal block with a a 3.5mm stereo plug at the other so I can plug in my MP3 player, or is that too simple?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:20 AM

Ash - yes... see my post 3posts back on this thread... that's about the most info I can offer.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:48 PM

ok heres my problem, i cant find a proper wiring harness for the 07, do you have one and where did you get it??

Old 08-17-2007, 06:22 PM

Uh... yeah... that's a problem. The good part is that it won't cost you $150+ like the dash panel did!

There's not one available at this point. I just tinned some wires and shoved them into the stock plug - then taped them off good. You could splice and solder if you were more energetic.

Black, red and yellow are the main power wires on the stock plug. I think red is switched with ignition and yellow is full time 12v BUT CHECK WITH A MULTIMETER cuz I'm not positive. I didn't do dimming, phone mute, antenna, or any of that stuff, so cant' help you there.

I can't imagine with that fat mother of a sub wire that you plan to re-use stock speaker wiring (they are very small gauge for the stock 15w speakers), but if you are - I think I have pictures or notes that I can dig up the colors for those... just lemme know.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Default RE: Speakers

Hi CHili_g

Very interesting work and thank you for your post !
I will make a similar work to install my Pioneer Avic-X1 in the end of next week.
About the radio connection, how did you do it ? Did you make an adapter from the original wires ? for the power ? for the speakers ? How did you do ?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket stereo install finished (56kkiller)