Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Aftermarket TPMS sensors from Amazon.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 12:33 AM
Default Aftermarket TPMS sensors from Amazon.

Hello, I have an Old and trusty Outlander 2009 this year I had and issue with the TPMS sensors on two of my tires it seems that the metal part was rusted and it broke.

I bought a kit on amazon

https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B08G8HT1GT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_wwOaGbPF6PFH5?_encoding=UTF8& psc=1

They claim to be compatible with my model but I don't know how to make the TPMS alarm disappear. There is no TPMS reset seting on the menu.
Is it possible to pair these new sensors.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:02 AM

You have just a few options.
go to dealership to have them programmed into computer.
Go out and buy a mitsubishi tpms reset tool.
Call around to local shops to see if they can program the sensors.
use etacs decoder to disable tpms. My 07 has a dead sensor....this is the route I will take. I can't see spending $$ on an 07 with 250k miles on it.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:55 AM

Hello ccernst.

Thanks for the quick response, will they reprogram the sensors in the dealership even if they are aftermarket? (Qiilu Sensores de presión de neumáticos de Coche de 4 Piezas, 56053030AC Sensor de Control de presión de neumáticos TPMS para Lancer Outlander: Amazon.com.mx: Automotriz y Motocicletas)

I will start looking for local shops who can help out.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:16 PM

They should...may charge an hour of labor. But they should.

Old 01-10-2022, 02:30 PM

Unfortunately, Mitsubishi uses custom TPMS sensors. Your 2014 RVR can only store 5 sensor codes (although there is no sensor in the spare tire). There are multiple options you may try besides visiting the dealer twice a year to program the codes of the sensors in your summer and winter tires. Remember, each programming wipes
1. There has been a service offered to clone your existing TPMS sensors. The procedure is described and the service has been available here. If this service is still available you can change your tires and the ETACS is fouled by retaining the same codes for both sets of wheels.
2. Since the TPMS reporting is not really real time, this gadget is not preventing you from rapid deflation (you would notice it anyway), you may consider to deactivate the TPMS entirely. The MUT-III device is not able to do it, you would need either ETACS Decoder or Diagbox software with proper interface to do it. I have done this some 8 years ago on my car. You would check your tire pressure regularly just like before the TPMS was introduced to the industry. The actual values are not measured by the system, simply a warning is displayed if the pressure falls below a programmed threshold. If you are concerned about legality, dealerships/manufacturers are obligated to sell new vehicles with working TPMS systems. You as an end user are not obligated to use it. Your responsibility is to operate a vehicle that is safe to move around in public roads.
There might even be newer options to program the ETACS. Besides TPMS a lot of other features can be programmed (door locks after certain speed, preventing the average fuel consumption to reset after 4 hour park, rear wiper intermittent operation time programming, and a many more). You may read about TPMS elimination and ETACS programming here and here and here and here. Please also check out the links within these posts for really detailed information concerning software install.
3. You may ignore the warning during the time you have the winter tires on. This has zero cost but it could be annoying as the TPMS warning light periodically also comes on the entire center console.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:35 AM

Or, you can get an Autel MaxiTPMS TS508. I used it on a number of Mitsubishi Outlanders, RVRs, and Outlander PHEVs without issues. You can find it on Amazon or eBay brand new for a reasonable price.