Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

For all those with an 07 outlander that "clunks" from the front end...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Default For all those with an 07 outlander that "clunks" from the front end...

here. Brand new off the presses. just got it today.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
JMC
Default RE: For all those with an 07 outlander that "clunks" from the front end...

Very nice MB...thanks for the info baby!

Old 02-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Default RE: For all those with an 07 outlander that "clunks" from the front end...

Thanks! I've only had my Outlander a few days and noticed this exact noise yesterday when parking. Guess it's off the the service center.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews

here. Brand new off the presses. just got it today.
MB, you're the man! This is a great reference for the dealers that have no idea what they're talking about.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:42 AM

Thanks MB, may you post more TSBs for the 07 Outlander as soon as they're out.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:22 AM

I ordered an 07 XLS awd that I will pick up at the end of the February.Was wondering if all Outies havethe front end noise? Is there a break on the VIN #'s where the updated parts ,(wheel bearings/knuckles), are fitted to the newer built units coming off the assembly lines? I know my Vin has a "U" for the Mizushima plant. Great forum, by the way. I paid 27,400 for my xls awd, with luxury, sun & sound and Nav. This will be my second mitsubishi I've ever owned.

My very first car was a 1974 dodge colt, made by mitsubishi. I bought a foreign used factory twin carb 4g32 for it and added an offroad DC camshaft, header and msd. Sure made it a fun little ralley car back in themid/late 80'swaybefore the fast and furious tuner cars were popular. The mini truck scene was all the rage back in Cali those days and I used to race a few of the toyota's and datsun/nissan pick ups. Although it wasn't a total shut-out, none of those 4 banger trucks could ever beat my colt. The only one that came close was my friends 78 toyota with a mildly modified 20R. Those were fun days.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:20 PM

there is no rhyme nor reason for which cars make the noise, and which ones dont.

its not dangerous and you have a huge warranty anyway, so dont be excessively concerned.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:41 PM

Ihave the same problembut the dealer has to order the part and said it will take a month or longer to get... The most annoying part is that I can hear that damn noise everytime I drive the car. The dealer had my car for a day and a half so they rented me a stupid PT Cruiser, which it the biggest piece of crap I have ever driven. The service guy said that severalof themdrove the car and couldn't hear anything... Very frustrating.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:01 AM

Just picked up my 07 Outlander and haven't heard the clunk yet. Mine is a 12/06 build from the "Z" Okazaki Plant. I do have the driver side mirror buzz, front doors window tint severely scratched upon first use of windows. No obvious dirt/sand on the window inside or out. Dealer said they have seen this problem on all outlanders they have sold. For some reason the rear window tint isn't affected? It looks like the front door window felt/rubber strips are very tight against the window. Not sure how thick the tint film is but I'm wondering if the dealer prep isn't to blame for this?

Overall, I'm very happy with the vehicle. It drives down the road very comfortably for a smaller suv. I think the Navigation package is a must have for this vehicle since it incorporates many different technologies and their functions. I plan to change the oil and filter at 500 miles and then again at 1500 or so changing over to synthetic. But I still plan to change the oil every 2500 to 3000 miles using either the factory oil filter or other quality ones such as wix/napa or purolater.Once Ican find a suitable synthetic for thetransaxle,transfer, and rear diff, I will drain and refill them as well.

JH

Old 03-03-2007, 03:03 AM

Where did you find this? Is there any other info since it says page 1 of 3 on the top?

Quick Reply: For all those with an 07 outlander that "clunks" from the front end...