Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Any after market part for outlander 08 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Default RE: Any after market part for outlander 08 ?

Doesnt the Outie already have that bar in the last pic ? in blk?

Old 03-19-2008, 02:56 AM

Did you ever buy a K&N air filter?

The Works Air Filter should be much better and was designed for the EVO X.
Stainless steel mesh plus up to 6 hp...
I guess everyone will see a different value in easy, bolt-on ponies for $120.

Take care!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:28 AM

Here's my concerns: Does any of these take away the warranty on the outtie? For example: drop in filter, strut bars ect....
If you go to dealer to put it on, does that keep any warranty or just voids warranty for everything? I need your feedback guys..

Thanks!!!
2007 Mitsubishi Outlander Warranty Details [/align] Basic 5 yr. / 60,000 miles Free Maintenance N/A Drivetrain 10 yr. / 100,000 miles Roadside 5 yr. / Unlimited miles Rust 7 yr. / 100,000 miles

Old 03-19-2008, 02:58 PM

let me know too

Old 03-19-2008, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: rtrackr99

Did you ever buy a K&N air filter?

The Works Air Filter should be much better and was designed for the EVO X.
Stainless steel mesh plus up to 6 hp...
I guess everyone will see a different value in easy, bolt-on ponies for $120.

Take care!

Yeah, I've used K&N before, on my Ralliart and I would have probably turned away the second they expected me to pay 120 for it, I think it was no more than $50 if I remember correctly including recharge kit. I agree oiled filters are great due to their reusabillity, but as far as gains K&N dint do anything for me, may be this one is better who knows but as far as K&N goes, the only good thing about it was the reusabillity. I had an Injen CAI with my K&N and it dynoed at 137 hp at the weels over the 132 that it was doing with airbox, I higly doubt an air filter by it self is going to give you 6 horses.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:57 PM

As far as the warranty goes, if you do major modifications like forced induction, yes your warranty is out the window. Most dealers in my experience will look away when it comes to simple bolt ons like intake/exhaust, but if something were to go wrong and it is prooven that the malfunction was due to the mods, theres nothing they can do for you. As far as the suspension components, I've never heard of any voiding your warranty, common sense dictates that if your shocks start going bad after installing some aftermarket springs dont even bother trying to get a warranty claim.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:58 AM

Well gee...
I guess some of us know better than the crew at "Works" who build Evolution race cars.

It was their description that stated "up to 6 hp".

Next time I find Outlander performance parts I won't mention anything.
I was going tolook upsome contacts in Japan, but some like you make it seem like a waste of time.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:29 PM

Update just letting everyone know. the Strut Tower Bar is only for a 2.4L Japan Version. Outta luck on the front bar. I got the price for the lower arm bar for $170.00 (that might not fit also) Cusco rep. is checking for me on this.

Please note that JDM Outlander front Strut Tower Bar is designed to fit 2.4L Outlander. This strut bar is not designed to fit 3.0L models.
So anyone knows anything on these items, please post.
Thanks!

Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 PM

We are researching here, personally I think mod air filters are awesome.. it sucks the cold air... warranty n all on the outtie is too good to kill. I want it stock as much as you can, but still mod it to have performance and handling. =)

Keep everyone posted on new stuff!

Old 03-20-2008, 05:06 PM

Sorry, I probably came across a bit harsh on your post, it was not my intention. By all means please keep posting anything you do find, better to have something for our cars than nothing, and I guess the only way to let manufacturers know theres a market is by us consumers actually buying stuff. I simply was stating the fact that a drop in filter (k&N) to be exact did not register any gains on the dyno in my RA. May be on the Outty its a different story who knows, but that was my experience on my last car.

Quick Reply: Any after market part for outlander 08 ?