Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Any after market part for outlander 08 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Default RE: Any after market part for outlander 08 ?

I have an 07 LS AWD,

I have installed the WeaponR Short Ram Intake and that sounds great under throttle and gave the car a lil more pep.

I also just got a Magnaflo muffler installed and though i dont feel any real power gains, it gave it a great low sound. (First i went nuts and tried a 2 chamber flowmaster, too loud of a droning sound, removed in 36 hours!)

I also removed the spare tire and mount( I carry fix-a-flat and have roadside assistanceif REALLY needed anyway)

Ive switched to 5w30 Mobile1 Synthetic and always fill with premium.

OVERALL the car is peppier and sounds great (not loud) but could still use another 50hp for my taste!

********** UPDATED WITH PICS *************

Name:  Magnaflow.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  60.3 KB

Name:  WeaponR1.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  WeaponR2.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  85.1 KB

Old 03-21-2008, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: 2g0s0r1

I also removed the spare tire and mount( I carry fix-a-flat and have roadside assistanceif REALLY needed anyway)

Just so you don't have any surprises, the roadside assistance covers the replacement of the flat tire with the spare. If you don't have a spare, they'll probably fix the picture if it can be, but they'll charge you for it.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:47 AM

As its been talked about several times on this board, filling up with premium is just a waste of money. The outtie only needs 87 octane which in most states is mid or regular.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:47 AM

Yes I read that fine print, thats why i said "if REALLY needed " because the cost of the repair/replacement is on me.

However the convenience and speed of not having to always call independent tow companies, or paying for the initial trip to my location, is what i refer to as "Roadside Assistance"

For general punctures the fix a flat works great. Have used it twice now. fills the tire and seals the leak until i get around to getting it fixed properly. They make a BIG fix-a-flat also for SUV and Truck tires.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: tdford

As its been talked about several times on this board, filling up with premium is just a waste of money. The outtie only needs 87 octane which in most states is mid or regular.
You are right... it has been TALKED about alot. Ive read the posts too, people claim no difference in performance or MPG. I also agree that there is little if any difference at all, but I FULLY disagree with the statements of the computer having to compensate for the "wrong gas" because its 91 instead of 87 and possibly causing performance loses. HAHA!

Id like to see some detonation test results and some dyno numbers of both grades in a controlled environment on the outlander... but that probably wont happen.

Im only used premium on every car i have ever owned... Chevy, Honda, Acura, Mitsubishi, Toyota. None of them have ever had any problems relating to "Higher than recommended octane"

Also, the gas is usualy $0.20 more per gallon. so a 14Gal fil costs $2.80 more. Thats the price of a energy drink... a drop in the bucket...$11/month if that.

Oh well, people will buy what they want. I like the Premium. If you like Regular then thats cool too! and heck, Mid-grade is alright also!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:05 PM

Have you tried the fix a flat on the Outlander yet? The fine print says not to use it since it will ruin the pressure sensor.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Indeed it's OK.

Personally, here's how I break it down.. If I use the $2.80 difference to fuel ~2/3 gal more of regular, that would mean I could travel an extra ~14 miles with the average mileage I get on my Outlander. But that's just me...

Old 03-21-2008, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: chenarm

Have you tried the fix a flat on the Outlander yet? The fine print says not to use it since it will ruin the pressure sensor.
Luckily i havent had to use it yet, and hopefully wont have to. Luckily one sensor is fairly cheap (although possibly a pain to find a qualified shop to sync it up properly )

Old 03-22-2008, 12:18 AM

There was a lot of fuss in the UK about the quality of supermarket petrol v the likes of BP Shell Q8 etc. Even car magazines rubbished supermarket petrol. I used to work for a supermarket at the time and all of our fuel came from the same source. The only difference was the big advert down the side of the tanker.

Supermarkets in the UK are not big enough to have their own storage or refineries’ depot’s

The only difference some said was supermarket petrol did not have cleaning additives added to keep the engine and fuel line in good condition and to stop carbon and gum build up
Yet nobody in the UK rubbished supermarket diesel vs the big boys strange that.

It’s not a sports car; the outlander is about as aerodynamic as a brick

Next people will say polishing a car will make it go faster because its slipper

puddy

Old 03-22-2008, 02:40 AM

Okay OTO27...Thanks!

If the 3.0 MIVEC has 220 hp at 6,250 rpm, a 6 hp gain is less than 3%.
I'd guess that could be a "possible" gain from a well designed air filter if the factory one is restrictive.

I'm just trying to be positive and hope that EVO X performance upgrades add more options for Outlander owners too.

Take care!

Quick Reply: Any after market part for outlander 08 ?