Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Anyone using Nokian WRG3 or Toyo Celsius, else other recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018 | 10:56 AM
|
Default Anyone using Nokian WRG3 or Toyo Celsius, else other recommendations?

Needing new tires soon and can't decide what to get. I like the A24 but they are very expensive and maybe looking for something a little better in the snow/ice. Located in the NW Chicago burbs.

Thanks!

Old 08-03-2018 | 05:46 PM
Default Great Tires

I am in Northern NJ, once my tires need replacing I will be getting All Weather tires. Consumer Reports gave both the Nokian and Toyo Celsius great ratings so they are a good choice.

Old 08-04-2018 | 04:24 AM
Default Consumer Reports

https://www.consumerreports.org/tires/all-weather-tires-offer-an-edge-in-snowy-conditions-perform-well-year-round/

Old 08-04-2018 | 11:24 AM
Old 08-05-2018 | 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Truwarrior22
Needing new tires soon and can't decide what to get. I like the A24 but they are very expensive and maybe looking for something a little better in the snow/ice. Located in the NW Chicago burbs.

Thanks!
I have never been sold on these All Weather Tires...I'm sure they will get you better performance than All Season Tires...but for me...I prefer to have a dedicated Winter Tire on steel rims....I keep my Summer tires and rims in storage for the season...keeping them nice and shiny..and not wearing them out. I live in Canada... so I guess its just second nature for most of us.

Old 08-06-2018 | 08:50 PM

I absolutely agree with Lancerguy2013. At your location (IL) you absolutely need two sets of tires. During winter the worst winter tires will outperform the best summer or three season tires (the all season tire category does not apply to those of us in the rust belt). I started with the winter tires on steel rims but could not stand the rust on those steel wheels an the look, so I purchased OEM wheels off Kijiji, (or Craigslist depending on your location). If anyone thinks that a good "all season"(?) tire set outperforms winter tires should watch this video:

Old 08-07-2018 | 01:49 PM
Old 08-16-2018 | 11:57 AM

I live in Canada, and I use Nokian WRG3 tires on my 2009 Outlander without any issues during winter. Some people confuse all-weather tires with all- season tires and think they are the same type of tires. I did a lot of research before I settled on Nokian All weather tires and am happy with its performance in winter. Saves me the trouble of switching tires twice a year!

Old 08-16-2018 | 11:44 PM
Default Sounds good

My next set of tires will be all Weather as well. I don't have a garage or lift to switch tires easily so buying another set of wheels for the winter is out of the picture.

Old 08-20-2018 | 05:29 PM
Default Winter Tires

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
My next set of tires will be all Weather as well. I don't have a garage or lift to switch tires easily so buying another set of wheels for the winter is out of the picture.
All you need is a decent floor jack although the expense of a set of wheels would be pricey

Quick Reply: Anyone using Nokian WRG3 or Toyo Celsius, else other recommendations?