Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Auto Door locking

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 03:03 PM

Interested in the auto locking when you walk away is this available for the 08 Outie XLS without the Lexia device mod?

Old 01-09-2014, 03:13 PM

It is not yet even available with both Lexia and MUT-III.
I've activated all settings I consider related, it does show on the MMCS screen yet still does not work.

But anyway - the only 2 way to change ETACS settings is using either device.
If you're good with your local dealer it could be done kinda remotely - dealer reads your config into the file, you send it to me, I change needed settings and send it back to you so dealer can write it back.

Or find someone local with this cable - there's a guy in Edmonton for sure, maybe in a cowboy city as well

Old 01-09-2014, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
It is not yet even available with both Lexia and MUT-III.
I've activated all settings I consider related, it does show on the MMCS screen yet still does not work.

But anyway - the only 2 way to change ETACS settings is using either device.
If you're good with your local dealer it could be done kinda remotely - dealer reads your config into the file, you send it to me, I change needed settings and send it back to you so dealer can write it back.

Or find someone local with this cable - there's a guy in Edmonton for sure, maybe in a cowboy city as well
Ok thanks for the info...Lol @ cowboy city. I will post a thread to see if there are any Outie owners close by.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:36 PM

So I found the Setting on ETACS decoder to lock the doors at 20km/h. I can't get the right settings for it to auto-unlock when shifting to P. Also in the process of changing settings the button in the outside door handles don't lock or unlock the car. When you push the outer door handle while a door is open or the key is inside, it beeps at me, So I know the button is sending a signal.

These are the ETACS settings in the Variant coding that I think are relevant and their current settings:

171. Door Unlock Mode Customize Enable
147 Key Reminder Not available
100 key remainder unlock B-spec. (Dr and As)
99 Auto door lock/unjlock crash unlock + speed lock
98 Door lock system B-spec. (for except NAS high line)
69 Door unlock by IG lock customize Enabled (default disabled)
60 KOS Door Entry Type TOUCH SENSOR & REQUEST SW
19 Smart Entry System Not Present
14 Dead Lock Operation Customize Enabled (default Once)

Then in Custom coding:
There is a setting that makes perfect sense:

Auto Door Unlock

I can't seem to write to ETACS any changes in the custom coding tab though.

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-20-2014, 11:04 PM

Anyone have the Lexia device near nj ny?

Old 01-21-2014, 09:32 AM

As far as I understand the FAST system the keyfob is listening in low power mode at all times but doesn't transmit normally to save battery.

When the user does one of the following actions:

- Touches a door handle
- Touches the lift gate latch
- Closes all doors
- Pushes the key **** in

The car sends an authentication request to the fobs, only then does the fob respond back with a authentication reply and if said reply is correct the car unlocks the door/ignition depending which antenna the signal is received at.

So based on this information the car wouldn't know if the user was standing just outside the car and not touching it or had left the range of the car...

Maybe this was something they offered on a different model or a beta feature that they decided used too much fob power or something so they didn't implement it?