Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

auto tranny fluid

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Default RE: auto tranny fluid

ORIGINAL: Winshawn

Do not use B&M auto trans fluid. Use only Mitsu Dia SP III.
whats wrong w/ b&m???

Old 08-10-2005, 01:46 PM

Newer Mitsu transmissions require a unique fluid. Amsoil makes something that they say is compatible but I would not trust it. I believe anything other than Mitsu fluid will void the warrenty. Plus the mitsu fluid is pretty good, it is partial synthetic. Kia and Hyundai use the same fluid. So if you cant get Mitsu you can use Kia or Hyundai. They also call it Diamond SP III. As far as what is specifically wrong with B&M, this is a quote from their web site. Note that it says "not for transmissions made after 2000."

B&M’s Synthetic Trick Shift is formulated as a performance automatic transmission fluid. B&M’s Synthetic Trick Shift features the latest synthetic fluid technology suitable for most late model automatic transmissions as well as many manual transmissions. Not an additive, this safe and effective formula of extreme pressure agents, foam inhibitors and exceptional thermal stability will provide a long service life for your transmission. Ideal for street use and high performance applications including racing, off-road, towing and heavy- duty fleet use. Synthetic Trick Shift may be mixed with all other types of ATF but works best by itself. When using B&M Synthetic Trick Shift you can literally ‘Pour In Performance’. Meets or exceeds Mercon or Dexron III requirements. Not recommended for automatic transmissions manufactured after 2000. Synthetic Trick Shift is not intended for use in CVTs. May be used in manual transmissions requiring automatic transmission fluid as lubricant.

Mercon is a trademark of Ford Motor Company.

Dexron III is a trademark of General Motors Corp.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:26 PM

wow...that sez' everythng....funny thing is, they never post such quote @ the counter. thnx for that reminder....now i, need to get rid of my B&M. and get another fluids.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:39 PM
JMC

Yeah dood....make sure you only use Mitsu fluid for this. Why don't you just get this done for you? Then spend the time waxin' *** or hangin' with the Chief.

Old 08-13-2005, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: JMC

Yeah dood....make sure you only use Mitsu fluid for this. Why don't you just get this done for you? Then spend the time waxin' *** or hangin' with the Chief.
nah....i,ll do it my self. and hang w/ the cheif later...lol

Old 08-15-2005, 12:39 PM
JMC

Ok...just do it after then. It'll work out much better.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: JMC

Ok...just do it after then. It'll work out much better.
lolz....need some ice cold beers....lol

Old 08-18-2005, 03:28 PM
JMC

Sounds good!

Old 08-18-2005, 08:06 PM

awweee yeah!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 05:30 PM

hey guys i'm new to this forum and gonna want to do a tranny fluid change on my 04 outlander awd. the instructions above is detailed but is there any pictures to go with that. why can it just be a plug to drain it like the hondas and toyotas? any info is greatly appreciated.. thank you......

Quick Reply: auto tranny fluid