Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Aux Input For iPod?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Default Aux Input For iPod?

I purchased a 2007 Outlander XLS this weekend, with the Sun & Sound, Navigation, and Luxury packages. So far, I'm really impressed for what the car has to offer, especially considering its price.

One question: I've read there's an auxiliary input for an iPod/other mp3 player, and it's listed on the sticker...but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've looked in the manual and haven't seen anything, looked around the car and no clue. So, basically, I'm feeling like a complete idiot. I've seen there's some sort of input on the underside of the nav display, but if that's the aux input, I can't imagine a much worse placement. Only usable with the stereo open? Surely, that can't be it.

Any ideas? I'd appreciate the help.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Default RE: Aux Input For iPod?

It's near the bottom, on the back of the center console. You can see it from the rear seats (there may be a flap you need to flip down; I forget). You should have a yellow video input, as well as two (red & white) stereo inputs.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:32 PM

That's the input? Odd. I would have assumed a stereo mini in, not RCA cables in for an iPod or an mp3 player. Strange decision, as almost all aftermarket stereos I see have a stereo mini in. And, isn't that input unavailable when the car isn't in park? I assumed it was to connect a gaming system, or something along those lines.

It's fairly useless if that's the case. Certainly that's mitigated by the ability to rip CDs onto the MusicServer, but not entirely.

Thanks for the response. Anyone else have additional info?

Old 04-02-2007, 01:39 PM

That would be because its an AUX input, as in auxillary, not just an ipod or MP3 player hookup... theyve given you the ability to hook whatever youd like to put there rather than limiting you to just miniplug items such as the ubiquitus ipods... (Sorry, I just hate ipods and all the hype over something thats really just a touchpad mp3 player.)

Old 04-02-2007, 02:12 PM

AMEN Dusty, I hate those damn things. I mean geez.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:22 PM
JMC

I think we've gone over this a few times....I think

Old 04-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Youre probably right... probably about as many times as 4G63 swaps in 420as...

Old 04-02-2007, 03:57 PM

lol

Old 04-02-2007, 04:05 PM
JMC

ah....I guess that's what I was saying.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: BlueDev

And, isn't that input unavailable when the car isn't in park? I assumed it was to connect a gaming system, or something along those lines.

It's fairly useless if that's the case. Certainly that's mitigated by the ability to rip CDs onto the MusicServer, but not entirely.
No, the input is definitely available at all times. What you're referring to is the fact that the frontscreen will not display video while the car is in motion. Assuming you're using your iPod for music (and not video), this shouldn't be a problem. You can pick up an appropriate cable for about 5 bucks from just about anywhere.

Quick Reply: Aux Input For iPod?