Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

AUX Input - Totally stuck HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Default AUX Input - Totally stuck HELP PLEASE

Hello all,

Firstly, thanks to all you guys and girls for contributing to this forum it has been most helpful.

Now to the matter at hand.......

I have a 2008 Outlander with the Rockford Fostgate upgrade but not the NAV/MMCS display. After researching this forum, I excitedly ordered the aux audio RCA adapter (part #8750A047) and rear panel cover to get the Aux input for my ipod etc etc. 3 weeks later (I live in East Africa), they arrived and I pulled off the rear console panel, plugged in the adapter, selected AUX on the head unit by holding the CD button down, plugged in the ipod and..............nothing!!

All I hear is a little buzz and a click every second!!! Incidentally, I hear the same faint buzz and click when the adapter is not connected and when AUX is selected on the head unit.

Incidentally, seeing that the car is brand new, I am inclined to suspect a fault in the audio adapter. Is there any quick and easy way I can test this?

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry to bring people back to this topic but I've searched the forum and mainly found answers about splicing!

Thanks for your help!

Old 10-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Default RE: AUX Input - Totally stuck HELP PLEASE

If you are using the correct RCA AUX part (there are two, one with video and the other without it) ... make sure you pump up the volume in your iPod to max (make sure you do not have the Volume limiter set to "on" or set really low, disable it if you can).

Select a song that plays really loud suchs a AC/DC or heavy rock (just for audio testing). Set your stereo settings to "0" or flat and make sure it is set to "normal stage". make sure your ipod is playing the song fine and the RCA wire connector is connected to your ipod securely...

start with your car's volume set to 5 and then move up little by little IF you do not hear anything by the time you hit 30 or 45 (some go up to 60)... then yes, you may have a problem with your connection... check you cables, right and left channels , etc...

Old 10-19-2008, 02:36 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

I was sent the adapter with the video jack. Does this make a difference? If so, how can I get around it?

Cheers

Old 10-20-2008, 01:07 AM

No difference but u should take care not to connect an audio cable (output) to the yellow video input, for u will end with funny noises.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:40 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I'll give that a shot and see if there's any difference.

By the way, I took the adapter to an audio guy how tested the continuity across the component and said that all was working fine. He suggested that the problem might be bad wiring particularly a bad solder somewhere. If that were the case where would the culprit likely be? At the jack end or head unit? Am I right in assuming that it is very very unlikely that there is a problem with the wiring in the truck itself? I hope so seeing that the car is only 4 days old and I really do not want to open things up on the dashboard!

Any other insight and thoughts would be much appreciated!

Cheers
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-20-2008, 01:21 PM

you know, I would check all the connections in the back of the head unit, make sure all of them are in the correct place and well connected , since your Outie wasn't made for the actual "AUX-in" feature, the cable could be unplugged somehwere between the back of the console and the head unit...

Now that I remember the Outies that do not have the AUX-in as a feature need two parts one is the actual RCA connector for the back of the front console(the part you have right now) and the other is a type of loop connector... Let me see if I find that number again...

So yes the missing part for you is : 8528A049 (Harness VTR)
This goes under the passenger's seat (it could be the drivers seat, depending on how your car is setup, left or right drive)
You'll see there is a hole under the seat floor, lift up the carpet cutout and you should see a white connector under it, that's where the "8528A049" should go.

However before you go out and order it, check under your seat and make sure you do not have that part already installed...

Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 AM

Thanks.

I'll check that out and see if it's there.

Please excuse my ignorance but what does that part do?

Cheers

Old 10-21-2008, 02:11 PM

It's just a loop connector so it connects cable A with cable B or something like that

Old 10-21-2008, 05:36 PM

here's a copy of the wiring apply jumper wires on the D123 connector between wires 24/5, 23/4, and 22/3.

that is what the loop connector does.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18005/C83139A0E96D41819DDB1EED0DBBF349.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-21-2008, 05:40 PM

How do you embed a pic onto a thread? my posts would look much better that way.

thanks in advance

Quick Reply: AUX Input - Totally stuck HELP PLEASE