Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Availability of Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Default Availability of Parts

Hi all,

I am seriously looking into buying a used '07 Outlander and someone has tried to dissuade me from doing so on the basis that he knows someone who has had serious problems getting a hold of Mitsubishi parts for his '06 Outlander. Please keep in mind that I am talking about Edmonton, Alberta and not New York or California, etc. However, there are now 3 Mitsu dealers in Edmonton.

Are parts really a problem generally? Albertans - is there any validity to this?

Thanks!

Old 04-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Default RE: Availability of Parts

Well, consider this...
I purchased a new 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara and was rear ended. Suzuki said no spare parts were available in North America or Japan, so I waited...
The Ins Co for the other driver paid for my rental for about 3 months! The repairs were about $5,000 and the rental car, an SUV, was another $3,000!

My 2007 Outlander received small damages when rear ended last year and the parts arrived from Mitsubishi in less than 2 weeks!
Remember that Toyota dealers sell Suzuki, but the Mitsubishi parts still beat Suzuki!
Consumer Reports just rated Mitsubishi higher than Ford for 2008!

Old 04-22-2008, 02:41 AM

This will add up to the picture. Recently I got my 08 Mitsu Outlander vandalized - rear door on driver's side is missing a glass now, trim panel inside has to be replaced along with weather strip, rubber runner and decorative piece of a black tape on the door pillar.This is going to be an expensive repair and it's taking at least a week according to the dealer's rough estimates. As of now I'm driving a nice suzuki XL7 fully loaded V6 and stuff, but still, Ilike my mitsu better, even though it's 4 cyl and FWD.For domestic cars you can esily get it fixed within a day, but it all depends whether it's just a glass that has to be changed or some other parts. Mitsu is working hard to get more publicity and better reputation in Canada. To me it's a matter of time.Additionally, older cars (but not too old) are easier to get parts for. Decision is yours.
BTW, I'm in Calgary and we have only two dealers here.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 AM
tcp

I don't see it as a problem. There are three in Edmonton, Two in Calgary, one in lethbridge and one in grand prairie. Any of them can order any part you need. I'm seeing more and more mitsu vehicles driving around as people pick up on their value.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:21 PM

Hi from Edmonton,
So far no problems with parts, had to replace front driver's seat. Order, delivery and instalation was done within a week at Westside Mitsu.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 PM

Thanks a lot for the input, guys.

Now would you go with the '07 or would you be happy with the '05/'06? I just saw a nice Limited '06 online and I'm thinking I should check it out.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by thrillhous
Hi all,

I am seriously looking into buying a used '07 Outlander and someone has tried to dissuade me from doing so on the basis that he knows someone who has had serious problems getting a hold of Mitsubishi parts for his '06 Outlander. Please keep in mind that I am talking about Edmonton, Alberta and not New York or California, etc. However, there are now 3 Mitsu dealers in Edmonton.

Are parts really a problem generally? Albertans - is there any validity to this?

Thanks!
I think it's just a matter of knowing where to get the parts. I recommend this site:

http://factorymitsubishiparts.com

Old 02-07-2019, 08:51 PM

There are tons Of aftermarket parts carid.com rockauto.com mitsubishipartswarehouse.com discounttire.com these guys have everything you will ever need also Japanparts.com

Old 02-08-2019, 04:11 PM

You guys were replying to a 10-year-old post. I guess in that time, we've learned that parts acquisition hasn't been a problem!